🎃🕷Halloween Special!🕸💀

"Mimi?" I called out to her as I watched people running around under the window. "W-what is everyone d-doing?"

"They are getting ready the Night of spirits, Dear." Mimi's magic fixes up the bed as it sent out trays from breakfast with a small burst of light. "It's a night that we celebrate the past and prepare for the future."

Mimi continued explaining as she saw the confused look on my face. 

"In the Demon Kingdom, we make decorations and use magic to show homage to our ancestors to show that we are alive and well while celebrating their accomplishments through costumes, plays, art, and the most important- parties."

She pauses to make sure that I was following. 

"It also prepares us to persevere through the coming months when there won't be much to bring the kingdom together during the cold months. The snow here can pile up to that window."

Mimi stands next to me and points across the courtyard to the second story of the building.

"Wow!" I couldn't even imagine it.

"That is why there is a kitchen on each floor; for warmth and easier accessibility... What would you like to be for the night of spirits?" 

"W-what?"

"Everyone dresses up as someone else for the celebration."

"L-like ha-lloween?"

"Hollow-een?" It was Mimi's turn to be confused. 

"N-nothing." It sounded a little like Halloween, but I wasn't sure since I never got to participate in school or at home. "C-can I be a-anything?"

"Of course!" Mimi says excitedly. "There are many important people that have made contributions to our kingdom! Like-"

Mimi started on an hour long lecture that ended only because a flying letter floated in and unfolded it's self before her. 

"Ah, it looks like they need my assistance, Dear." Mimi apologizes as she pats my head. "Nadia and Aidan will be taking care of you until dinner."

"O-okay! Bye M-mimi!" 

Mimi disappears into sparkles as the door opens as the two people enter.

"Hello Princess!" Aidan's voice came from the unfamiliar person who look like one of the strange creatures with multiple arms. "What? Don't recognize us?"

"Aidan." Nadia quickly cuts in, crossing her shimmering tattooed arms. "She might not know about Night of spirits." 

"Mimi t-told me." I walked up to Nadia. "So c-cool!"

"Of course!" Aidan knelt down besides me. "We are the greatest generals ever known to the demon kingdom!" 

"Have you decided what you want to be?" Nadia asks as Aidan started listing off the achievements of his hero. 

"N-no..."

"You have time." She reassures me. "Thought not as much as you may like; tonight we are having a ball which all the citizens attend." 

Nadia pauses.

"What if we give you some ideas for costumes?" 

"Our knowledge may not be as wide as Mimi's-" Aidan jumps in with a grin. "But we might be able to narrow it down for you! How does that sound?"

"G-great!" I started to feel hopeful.

~~~~~~~

"I'm sorry Princess." Both Aidan and Nadia received floating letters  as we sat down in the garden, watching the gardeners place lanterns in the trees. "It looks like we must leave..."