Chapter 9 - Astrology Reveals All

A/N: Hello again my wonderful readers, I hope you enjoyed the rest of the Sumeru quest, and I hope that all Wanderer wanters have become Wanderer havers! Also, if you've done the interlude quest, what did you name him, and why? 

Anyway, this one is a little longer than usual, as I want to get your schedule out of the way so we can start introducing new schools >:D everyone get ready for Liyue next chapter~

--

Amber led you into a familiar auditorium. This time, though, instead of actors taking up the stage it was a few rows of risers. Students were lined up across them, some flipping through sheets of paper that were neatly placed in black binders. 

You recognized the boy you ran into in the hallway, Venti, standing among them. He was sat on the first row of risers, humming to himself as he scribbled down notes into his black binder. Your brunette guide led you up the stairs and positioned you next to her on the risers. 

"Hoho~ Y/n, you've come back into my sights so soon, eh?" Venti had turned around to face you, resting his chin on his palm as a lazy smile spread across his lips. "I've missed you dearly in our time apart!" 

Heat rushed to your cheeks. You knew he was just playing with your heart strings, but you couldn't help it. "We only just met," you mustered. "I didn't know I had that much of an impact." 

"No need to be so coy~! Surely you know you're the sweetest little thing I've ever run into in the hallway!" He giggled at his own comment. 

"Alright alright, surely you've teased her enough now." A girl with blonde pigtails sighed. Next to her stood two taller women, one with icy blue hair and a deadpan look on her face, and the other with red hair and scarily pale skin. You almost wondered if she was a vampire. 

"Eula!" Amber jumped off of the riser the two of you were standing on, pulling the blue haired girl into a tight hug. To your surprise, the deadpan she once wore broke out into a small smile as she returned the hug. 

The red haired girl sighed, taking her spot on the risers without saying anything. Venti seemed satisfied with your conversation, turning back around to face the conductor who just started to climb the stairs up to the stage. 

"Sorry about him," the blonde girl whispered to you. "He does that to pretty much everyone. I'm pretty sure it's some sort of game to him. I'm Barbara, by the way!" 

"I'm Y/n," you whispered in return. "Nice to meet you." 

She handed you a few sheets of paper, which you realized were songs that they were likely rehearsing. "Here. If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask me! I know it can be intimidating since there's so many people. I run some group practice sessions after school if you're ever interested." 

With that, she skipped off to the other side of the stage, taking her place in the sea of people. Just when you thought you were free from interacting with more people, you heard a familiar chuckle behind you. How many people were in this stupid class!? 

"Well, well. I didn't know little Y/n had an interest in choir." 

"Hello again, Kaeya." You mumbled. "I didn't sign up for it. The principal from my old school recommended it...." 

He hummed at your comment, pretending to think for a moment. "Well, either way, I'm glad you're here." He reached out a hand and patted the top of your head as he walked past. 

You stared at the back of his head for a moment, taken aback by his gesture. Though he didn't turn around to face you again.

People continued to mill around. You noticed Fischl and her large bird, Oz, though the pair was too busy talking to one another to notice you. Amber and Eula were just a few feet away, chatting about something, but you couldn't quite hear what.