Chapter 11 - Getting Hit On, Literally

The gym was around the same size as the one at Mondstadt high, which you were thankful for. There was still around 40 minutes until the game officially started, but plenty of people were already milling around, buying concessions, or talking loudly amongst themselves. It didn't take long before you were introduced to more of the twin's friends. 

Aether led you to a boy who was standing as close to the door as possible while still being able to lean on the wall. He was scrolling on his phone when the three of you approached. His hair was a teal-ish color, with a few brighter streaks in it. You noticed a purple diamond on his forehead, but the most unsettling part about him was his piercing yellow eyes. You felt like he could see right through you. 

"Y/n, this is Xiao. He's one of the members of 5wirl." 

Xiao raised an eyebrow at the introduction, but didn't say anything. 

"And Xiao, this is Y/n. She's new to Mondstadt high, and Lumine's most recent victim." 

"Hey! Stop calling my friends that!" She huffed from beside you. "Besides, she's your friend too, doofus." 

"It's nice to meet you." Xiao didn't seem very interested by the conversation. "But speaking of 5wirl... Venti's coming today too. So we'll all be here." 

Aether's eyes widened. "Wait, what? Venti didn't say anything to me about it! And neither did Kazuha!" 

Xiao shrugged. "You should know by now that Venti comes to all of the Liyue games. And Kazuha does whatever he wants. He probably didn't want to miss an opportunity to see everyone. It has been awhile..." 

Aether and Xiao became lost in their conversation, talking about scheduling conflicts and meet-up times. Thankfully, Lumine dragged you away without either of them noticing. 

"Sometimes it's hard to get those two to talk about anything normal. Once they get started on band practice they never stop. The only one of those five idiots that can hold a normal conversation is Kazuha." 

You were about to respond when someone bumped into your back.

"A-Ah, I'm so sorry miss." You turned to see a boy with pale blue hair, and similarly colored eyes. His skin was so pale you almost thought he was a ghost. "Xingqiu! You pushed me too hard!" 

You followed his gaze to see a person with dark blue hair (and an awful haircut) reading a book. Or, at least, he was pretending to read it. You could tell he was only using the object to hide a smirk. Next to him was a girl with brown hair tied into pigtails. She didn't bother hiding the wide grin on her face. The two of them dashed off to archons know where, leaving the boy who bumped into you far behind them. 

"Sorry," Lumine butted in. "I should have warned you, a lot of people come to these games. And not all of them are very spatially aware. Those two especially. Chongyun is a good kid, but Xingqiu and Hu Tao are bad influences." 

"I can tell." You laughed. "It's kind of... nice, though. It feels so alive here." 

You spoke too soon. Lumine tried to block it, but a ball came barreling straight towards your head. Thankfully, you were still conscious and you didn't get knocked over, but man were you pissed off. 

"Oops! Sorry!" You looked across the court to see a bigger guy in an Inazuman jersey. He had long white hair that faded to red near the tips. And were those... horns on the top of his head? Maybe you suffered more brain damage than you realized. 

"Hey, are you okay?" A blond guy knelt in front of you, also wearing an Inazuman jersey. "That looked like it hurt. Here!"

He pulled a bottle of Ibuprofen out of his pocket, placing two pills into your palm. "This should help with a headache. If you need, I can grab you some water, too." 

You were trying to get your vision back to normal, because you were positive there weren't actually three of these guys in front of you. 

"Yeah... yeah, she needs water." Lumine answered for you. 

The guy nodded, running over to the bench before he came back to you. "Here, drink up." 

You did as you were told, taking the pills and drinking the water. You wiped your mouth with the back of your hand after finishing the whole bottle. 

"Thank you," you managed. 

"It's no problem. Besides, Itto should have been the one to check on you since he's the one who hit you..." His voice held an ounce of irritation. "But it's fine. I'm happy to help however I can. Oh! I'm Thoma by the way." 

Thoma's smile felt like sunshine. Or maybe that was the fact that your head was still spinning. 

"I'm Y/n. And this is Lumine." You gestured to your blonde companion. 

"Y/n, what a nice name." He reached into his pocket again, this time pulling out a small piece of paper and a pen, making you wonder just how much random crap he kept in there, and how many times he forgot to take it out before putting it in the washer. 

After a few seconds of writing, he handed the paper back to you. "I have to get back to warming up, but here's my number. If you notice that your head starts bruising or you experience other symptoms just let me know. I promise I'll help however I can!" 

Before you could thank him again, he took off. 

"Man, Y/n, you're one lucky girl." Lumine teased. "You got Albedo and Thoma's numbers, hit on by Ajax, and literally hit by Itto. I know some girls that would kill for that opportunity." 

You sighed, holding your head. "Yeah, well, I wish I wasn't. That hurt."

"Come on, let's go sit down. Hopefully your head stops pounding by the time the game starts so you can still enjoy it." Lumine led you to the bleachers, finding you a nice spot somewhere in the middle. 

She let you rest your head on her shoulder, which was surprisingly comfortable. You spotted Aether out of the corner of your eye. He was walking up the stairs of the bleachers with Xiao and Venti. They seemed to be looking for someone, probably that Kazuha guy you'd heard them talking about earlier. 

The three of them spotted the two of you, and came over. 

"Y/n? What happened?" Aether tilted his head to one side. "You don't look too good." 

"Itto threw a ball and it hit her in the head." Lumine gently patted the top of your head. "She already took some medicine though, so she'll be okay in a few minutes." 

Venti glared over at the captain of the Inazuman team. "Well, I can't say it surprises me, but the idiot didn't have to hurt our little Y/n." He sighed. "Though I guess we can't do anything about it now." 

"I could kill him," Xiao offered. "I think it would be a fitting punishment." 

"Kill him?" You squeaked. 

"Now, now," Venti rested a hand on Xiao's shoulder. "He's only joking." 

"I don't joke." 

That earned him a punch in the stomach. 

"Fine. I was joking." 

Aether crouched down in front of you. "Well, it doesn't look like it's bruising or anything. How about I go get you some snacks from the concession stand to make you feel better?" 

You smiled. "That would be great." 

Venti and Xiao sat down on the bleachers in front of you after Aether left. 

"You know, it's a shame we couldn't find Kazuha, then we could all sit together." Venti sighed, leaning backwards so that his back was against your knees.

"I didn't know you were looking for me." A soft voice came from beside you. 

Xiao turned around, a very faint smile on his face. "Ah, there you are Kazuha."