It's Do or Die

man, this pussy nigga tryna sit here and cop a plea. he know he owe me my fucking money and he acting like a dummy. i don't know how many times imma have to tell these niggas to stop playing with me.

"i swear i'll have it to you by next monday!"

i hit this nigga across his face with my pistol.

"you was supposed to have my shit last week, jay. you not gone get over on me nigga."

i raised my arm to give this nigga another hit and he flinched. he a lil bitch.

"i know! i know! i promise i'll have it soon i just need time."

man this nigga playing. nigga know i got a kid, i can't be waiting round for him to bring me my shit. i can't keep doing that to true and mici. i already fucked up once with this money shit and i ain't doing it again.

{-}

mici was mad as hell when i dropped that money off.

"von you said you would have your shit together for when true got here. what's going on with you?"

i can't even look her in the eyes cause she right. i promised i would have my money straightened out because true can't have no bum nigga for a father. but i'm already beating myself up for it, i don't need mici on my ass too.

"you right, mici. i'm fucking up but y'all don't gotta worry about it again. i got y'all."

"do you really, von? this shit ain't cheap, and you got another baby on the way. this fast shit may be working now but true and your new baby will need something more solid." i sat with true on my lap, while mici counted the money.

true giggled and grabbed for my locs. i looked at her. looking true in her eyes sometimes make me feel like a disappointment. my pops was in and out of jail growing up. if i keep up with this drilling and robbing shit, i could end up the same way, or worse. i wanted my kids to be good, to be situated. i gave her a kiss.

"shit gone get better."

i don't know whether i'm tryna convince mici or myself.

mici finished counting the money. she separated some and handed it back to me.

"here. i asked my mom for some cause i ain't know if you were gone have it in time."

"mici i ain't taking that shit. use it to pay yo mama back."

she slipped the money in my hoodie pocket and kissed my cheek. me and mici could've worked. should've worked. every time i see her and my baby i think of how i fucked up.

"you always been good with paying what you owe. take this till you get shit figured out. i know you got me." mici smiled at me.

even when i'm down on my luck, i'm still above all these sucker niggas. i'm glad i got a solid baby mama. mici hold shit down, and she makes me proud.

"i got a new job, von. you don't gotta handle shit on your own no more. at least not for now."

man, i told her i ain't want her working cause i ain't want no one raising true besides us. but i guess we don't really got no options. niggas owe me and shit moving slow.