sidetrack

authors note: i just wanted to give you guys caradonna's pov on things up until this point. so for the rest of the book, every chapter will probably be a singular pov and then switch the chapter after and pick up.

king von pov

i'm driving back to the crib i just took this hoe from. i'm mad as hell, i'm only getting a fraction of my damn money. i'm gone kill that nigga jay. i don't even know why i trusted that i would get all my money today.

she sitting in the passenger seat, quiet as fuck. i glanced over at her and her eyes were closed. she had her seatbelt on, but her arms were wrapped around herself, like for comfort. it be like that sometimes. and i get it. any of my niggas turned on me, as soon as i got right it was gone be war. i doubt lil folks like that though, so she just gone have to thug it out.

we got back to the crib and i ushered her inside. this duke crib, but he locked right now. i let him know that i would be using his shit, and put money on his books as a thank you. i locked the door behind us. "go sit on the couch."

she sat down, then took her jacket off. she kept looking at her palms. i had to figure out what the fuck imma do. i know she gone stay here until i get my money, but damn. i should've thought of this shit beforehand, but i just knew i was gone get my money and let this bitch go. "aye, anyone got yo location?"

she shook her head. okay that's a good start. as long as she don't make no calls or none, they won't be able to pin her ass to this area. she gone have to sleep in duke room. i'll sleep on the couch. "take off your clothes."

her eyes widened, and her mouth opened a bit. her eyes darted around looking at my face. "hollon, i don't do that rape shit. don't look at me like that. i'm getting you some clothes to sleep in. i may be a criminal but i'm not heartless. you sleep in them tight ass jeans and you might not be able to walk tomorrow." her eyes went back to normal but she still looked cautious. she should've been looking at her brother that way.

i walked over to her on the couch and held my hand out. "gimme your phone." she looked at my hand for a bit, then sighed and dug in her pocket. she pulled out her phone and placed it in my palm. i powered it off then put it in my pocket. "yo ass move and i'll shoot you."

i walked into duke's room and looked around for a bit. this nigga gotta have some clothes she could wear. i dug around for a bit then found a wife beater and some boxers. this gone have to do. i walked back into the living room and she was in the same spot. i handed the clothes to her and told her to get up. i showed her to the bathroom and went back to the living room to wait. my phone start going off, and it's booka.

"yo, wassup?"

"shit, nun. i was wondering if i could slide. i'm bout bored as shit and drinking and smoking alone ain't that fun." i heard him playing with a lighter on the other end.

"nah, not tonight. i'm taking care of business."

booka sucked his teeth. "aye, i thought you was gone stop doing this shit once true got here man."

i sucked my teeth back. "man, what the fuck you talking bout? i ain't doing that, it's something else. i'll explain in person cause i don't know if niggas got my shit tapped or what."

booka said his goodbyes and i hung up. she came out the bathroom right as i got off the phone. man, she was looking good. i love shorties who be bad as hell, even when they on they chill shit. she was on the thicker side, so the boxers was hugging her from the waist down. and the wife beater was tight too, ain't do nothing but show how slim her waist was.

damn, i was definitely tryna fuck if we weren't in the situation we were in now.

she stood for a bit, then came back down and sat on the couch. i really ain't know what to do. but then i heard her stomach growl. it was nearing midnight. i don't know the last time she ate. "you hungry?"