4. Under his spell

Taehyun really wanted to leave this place straight away - how could Beomgyu talk to Hyuka without at least letting him know? Now he was just silently scanning slices of peach put on pizza, trying to keep his mind chill. Although it was not the most ideal situation, he didn't want to make Hyuka feel too uncomfortable.

It was just so awkward, none of Yeonjun's advice was useful now.

Sigh.

"Can you just hear me out, Tae? It's not as bad as it seems to be, I swear," Hyuka spoke again after a while with a calm tone in his voice.

It's not? Guess I'm just going to be myself.

"Then go ahead," he gulped, nervously rubbing his thighs. He can't run away anyway.

"Okay," inhale, "first, it's not like he had to tell me something about your... feelings."

Oh God. Oh my. No way. Ah... The first sentence was all it took for Taehyun to hide his burning face in his palms. Was it so obvious that he knew about it even though Gyu didn't tell him?

"I already noticed you myself some time ago, so it was more like a discussion. He assured me that you wouldn't reject me, if I invited you... And you came indeed!" happy smile had finally settled on Huening Kai's lips.

Actually, Beomgyu literally told him that Tae lost his mind for him and would go like anywhere since he was under his spell.

So it was just a matter of time? Damn it, I'm sure that hyung knew about me reading the invitation, he simply pretended to ignore me and stared at the screen.

"I can't believe this," Tae murmured into his hands, desperate grin on his face.

"Neither do I," said Hyuka, now sitting far more comfortable, and took another bite. "Like - how are we so lucky to have found each other, right?" he put somewhat a rhetorical question as he was chewing and frowned his eyebrows looking around.

Say what-? - Taehyun put his palms down and gave him a stare full of stars and surprise. That's not what i meant.

"This is just the best gift." The host lifted his index finger and held it above the pizza. Taehyun couldn't believe Kai was actually pointing at him - this person in front of him was really sitting in this room on his birthday. Huening Kai couldn't wish for anything more. 

"So this really is the truth," exhale full of disbelief, "you memorized the flavor of my favorite ice cream out of your interest." Not because of your job.

"Of course, I also customized our hawaiian pizza according to that," Hyuka smiled, slightly pulling the box closer to Taehyun, "so eat, it tastes better warm."

How can he be so comfortable? It's so confusing.

Can actually someone in love, even in love with a person of the same sex, be acting so cool in front of the one he loves? It probably was thanks to Hyuka always being so open about his originalities that everybody was used to it, and it became kind of his charming point. Taehyun loved it as well. It was just so hard to believe that there was a possibility that his love for this angelic person could be reciprocated.

In utter confusion, he started to eat his piece of now even more special food.

Is Kai even trying to tell him he had the same feelings for him? Tae didn't want to misunderstand this.

"You seem so confident," was Taehyun's first sentence after finishing his second triangle.

"Oh, trust me - I'm not. I feel nervous all over my body," Kai giggled, transforming into Charizard by putting his hood. "Have you ever seen yourself on stage? Those hands which mustn't shake even a little bit, otherwise you could make a visible mistake? Please, that's a self-confidence."

He keeps on complimenting me. Taehyun was so shy because of Huening Kai but couldn't help but smile.

Has he really seen any of my magic shows?

"It's just about a lot of practice."

The guest subconsciously clasped his hands together.

However, Huening Kai coudn't imagine himself doing those tricks right even after hours and hours of training, so he thought that Taehyun was really... REALLY...

"... amazing," he almost whispered, a gentle smile and sparkle in his eyes. Then he suddenly stood up and went around the table to sit next to confused Taehyun with his legs crossed.

Tension.

"I-I think that we are both new to this, so... what if we practised it together?" Hyuka's voice was more weak than he planned it to be. He pulled the strings of his hoodie and bit his lower lip nervously.

Kai's unexpected suggestion and proximity made Taehyun's heart beat so fast that he felt dizzy. His doe eyes were trying to connect with Huening Kai's look filled with expectations. Although Tae's head was clearly full of thoughts, he couldn't cling to any of them. Now he was sure enough that he knew exactly what this whole event was about.

In the end, there was no useful advice in the world, because he forgot them all instantly.

All of a sudden, he knew what to say by himself.

"Then... shall we find each other tomorrow, too?"

"On the beach at six PM, after I'm done in the store."

"Fine," Taehyun finally exhaled, exchanging an excited smile with a dark haired boy next to him.

"Amazing."

"So... tomorrow by together."

+x+