6. Beautiful madness

"How did you even notice? I really tried to keep it for myself." 

Walking down the beach, Hyuka kindly smiled and waved Taehyun's arm which he was still holding with the hand. 

"I guess it's just something in your eyes." Kai hissed - the sea breeze had really no mercy with his dark longer hair. "They can't lie. Somehow... I simply knew that those stars in them would like to belong to me." 

Taehyun, amazed by Huening Kai's pretty words and charming smile, turned his hardly stable face to waves that seemed to be hiding his shyness in their refreshing infinity. 

Although, they tend to run away - Hyuka thought with an understanding gentle line on his lips. 

Suddenly, some unexpected movement caught their attention. 

While Huening only sensed something strange, Taehyun immediately knew what was hiding on a cliff in the distance and gripped his hand tighter. 

"Did you see that?" 

Kai just shook his head in disagreement. 

"Don't drop your shoes," Tae gave him a short warning before running barefoot along the beach. 

Huening looked back. Was there anyone watching them?

When he focused, he recognized the person trying to catch up with them. It made him laugh because he unexpectedly knew the quite fast tiger. 

"It's only Beomgyu-hyung, isn't it?" 

"Yes, that actually is him. Just being a curious little kitty as always." 

Taehyun didn't even need to see him. 

Is he a clairvoyant as well? 

He probably simply knew Beomgyu just like his own shoes, which he held. 

They ran like crazy, still holding each other's hand. Kai has probably never ran that fast before, but since his legs were longer, he kept up with Tae without any problem. 

When they reached the edge of the forest framing this part of the coast, they quickly put on their shoes and checked on Beomgyu's position. His stamina was really admirable, but they still had some head start. 

"Are we going to hide from him?" 

"Exactly," Taehyun exhaled catching his breath. Then he gestured to Kai to follow him deeper into the forest. He wanted to get rid of his friend or at least punish his curiosity by this funny activity. 

He convinced himself that I really was on a date with Kai, he didn't need to know anything more.

"I feel like a fool actually." 

Somehow, Kai felt way too happy while he was just running away with Taehyun through the forest that was slowly falling under the spell of a moisty evening. 

"Is that your confession?" Taehyun giggled. He felt the same anyway. The feeling of losing his mind was just so enjoyable and he liked to make fun of his friend. Now he had an accomplice - thanks to Beomgyu himself, what a paradox. Now I've got my triumph card back.

"Yes... but also not at all." It was not the confession. That one must be special. Kai tossed his bangs aside to see better. Surprisingly, he still didn't need glasses after all that squinting through his hair. 

"Hehe. Come this way," Taehyun pointed to the nearest narrow forest path that led through thick flowering bushes. There wasn't enough place for side by side walking, so Kai was again the one who followed Taehyun's back. They were slowing down step by step. 

"Do you even know where we are?" wondered Hyuka as he was looking at tiny pink flowers around. If Beomgyu didn't see them entering this path, there was no way he could find them in the forest anymore. 

"Every path is made to lead somewhere," said Taehyun while counting options. It was true - they had to get somewhere, no matter where. 

So it's... no - Hyuka, who was used to staying in his own room for the most of the time, excluding school and work, slightly opened his lips. Luckily he was not alone. 

"Smart." 

... but still cute. He always found Tae kinda cute and attractive at the same time - with this thought and in-love smile, Kai gently touched some of the tiny pink petals which he passed by. These flowers were getting ready to sleep, just like those that were beautifying the patisserie of his family. 

Pretty. 

The young boy was about to touch the back of his beloved magician right in front of him who suddenly stopped in his tracks. As a result, his whole palm ended up under Taehyun's shoulder blade which confused Kai for a while. 

"Well, there are also paths with a dead end," Taehyun noted. Beomgyu must've been right. I am love sick and it's killing my brain cells. 

The boys stared at a steel mesh before them until Taehyun turned to Huening Kai. His starry eyes met Kai's confusion manifested through somewhat uncontrolled blinking. 

At that moment, Tae was just so done with himself that he couldn't even speak, but his stuck sparkling look said it all - Kai's charm spell was so strong that he was losing his mind so easily in his proximity... and he liked it. 

"What are we going to do?" Hyuka started to bite his lower lip, as he was looking at Taehyun and the mesh behind him. 

There were only trees and more bushes all around. The only way was to go back or... 

Gulp. Taehyun seemed to be thinking hard. He couldn't just drag Kai through the forest for another hour until they find the way out, it was getting darker. 

"Can you climb?" 

"Sure," Kai answered as if it was a matter of course and smirked. 

"Perfect. I've always wondered what Magic Island looked like years after it had closed."

+x+

Hey hey~ after a couple of months and one hihiz oneshot (kind of spin off to this short story, you can check it out~) I finally finished this new chapter :3 yahooo! I rly hope you enjoyed it <3 What do you think Magic Island is? The Star Seekers' readers might already know XD
Good night, sweethearts ^^ <3