8. Successful lesson

Taehyun just wanted to look at Huening Kai whose gaze was catching his attention, when something small but harsh suddenly hit him in the head. Led by his intuition he immediately threw away the peach pit, grabbed Kai by his arms and pulled him down from the carousel to the ground with him. 

They crouched down. Although Huening had no clue why and was obviously confused because he didn't even heard anything, he followed Taehyun's movements without a word. While Taehyun scratched his crown with an uncomfortable grin, Huening peeked over the podium to find out what are they hiding from. 

However, Beomgyu was very good at this kind of games. He wouldn't let them see him just like that.  

"Hyung found us." 

Kai raised his eyebrows even higher and peeked again. Nothing. 

How do you know?  

But before he could ask out loud, the game of hide and seek continued. 

"Let's go." 

Hyuka staggered a little bit, when Taehyun pulled him up back to his feet. Hand in hand they dashed through the high grass to the nearest caravan - a strategic move to get out of Beomgyu's sight. 

As soon as they disappeared behind the half-decomposed camper van, Taehyun reached for a doorknob of a small house, hidden in overgrown crowns of leafy trees and ivy. At first it was hard to press and open the jammed door, but then Kai helped him. They both bumped into it with their shoulders, got in and closed. 

When Taehyun's eyes got used to the darker place, he was quite surprised by what he saw. While the exterior looked abandoned just like the whole Magic Island, interior seemed to be frozen in time. Nothing he remembered had changed, the room they entered looked tidy. 

Although it wasn't dusty here, heavier atmosphere caused Taehyun's deja vu, as he starred at shelves full of mysteriously looking objects and books. 

Instead of Kai, who was browsing surroundings with an amazed interest, his sight ended up on a round table, covered with cards, mostly turned back up. 

Magician subconsciously put his hand into front pocket and took a card out of it. It was card from the same deck that was put on the table. Caught in a memory, he held his breath. 

Taehyun blushed a little bit when he suddenly felt Kai's exhale on his neck - he was looking over his shoulder to see the tarot card Tae held in his fingers. 

"The Magician," Kai whispered its inscription, then his eyes met Taehyun's. Hyuka clearly awaited some explanation. 

"It's... a gift. The fortune teller told me to take it when I was a child, it's not stolen." 

"I would never said that it is," giggled Hyuka, touched Taehyun's waist and put his chin onto Tae's shoulder. 

Doe eyes sparkled thanks to Huening Kai's warmth and kindness. 

He decided to continue. 

"She told me that when I meet The Star, I should be careful and not put it reversed, so The Lovers can bring right decisions... those that are not leaded by temptations... Then I can hear my true name and remember my true self." 

Unfortunately, Tae didn't quite understand the memorized words till now and Huening Kai was just adorably fascinated by their mystery. It sounded like something out of a movie. 

"What does it mean? Do you believe it?" 

Tae slightly shook his head and locked his lips, looking at the picture he had kept for years. At least, this card helped him to manifest his magician's skills