Peeking into the Future - Chapter 10

Knock knock.

As soon as he heard a knock on the door, Ethan, who was fast asleep, opened his eyes and looked reflexively at the side of the bed.

'She's gone?'

There was no trace of someone lying on the bed next to him. He touched the bed to see if this was true.

'We feel asleep together yesterday?'

Ethan realized that he had returned to the reality he had hoped for after solving the puzzle little by little. As if to prove it, an empty bottle, the culprit of everything, lay on the bedside table.

'How long have I been asleep?'

Contrary to fears that he would be trapped in the past, the effect of the drug seemed to disappear quickly. Strangely, it was something he should be happy about, but he felt an empty betrayal. Ethan felt as if he had even had a deep dream. He belatedly realized a knocking sound and walked towards the person outside the door.

"What's going on?"

"Count."

The butler who came to Ethan thought it was surprising to see Ethan, who was presumed to have just woken up. Ethan, who always insisted on getting up early, woke up only after lunch?

"The young lady of Deborah has come."

It was extremely rude to come to someone's mansion without making an appointment in advance, but it wasn't for Rachel and Ethan. No one felt uncomfortable with Rachel's behavior like this, perhaps because they had been together for a long time. Rather, his parents even welcomed her like that.

However, when he heard Rachel's name through the butler, his expression was very wrinkled. He remembered the things he had experienced in his dream. The resentment that had not yet been resolved quickly overtook him.

'Did the two have an argument?'

The seasoned butler didn't inquire about the two of them, but he noticed something odd. Obviously, Rachel's expression on Ethan's visit was very full with anticipation. But why was the little master making bitter eyes as if he was angry? He was a smart butler, but for this moment, it was difficult to discern what was inside.

"Okay. I will go soon."

"...... Yes."

The butler quietly retreated, and Ethan was left alone in the empty bedroom again. He wished all of that was a dream. He was reminiscing about the short encounters that he had experienced in the future, which was short to pass as a mere dream, remained everywhere in his body and mind.

* * * (read on )

The afternoon sun shone brightly through the rolled up curtains. Seeing the beautiful weather raised Rachel's mood, and she hummed, waiting for Ethan's response to her surprise.

"Did you like it? It was very difficult to make."

If you show a lukewarm reaction, I will scold you. Rachel was proud of her efforts, recalling the arduous experimentation process even when she has barely obtained the materials necessary for completion. It would be great if Ethan knew the sincerity of her true feelings.

"Can I finally see the expression of emotion on that stone-like face?"

I want to see you soon. Rachel peeked inside the familiar drawing room, which she had seen often, and wondered when Ethan would come.

"Ethan!"

When today's hero finally showed up, Rachel got up from her seat, waved her hand, and she greeted him warmly. Rachel's long, white neckline glimmered in front of Ethan's eyes because of her unusually twisted hair.

"Let's sit down."

Does she know how much embarrassment he had to endure? Ethan clenched his fists, spoke coldly, and turned away from Rachel's elated eyes. How can she look so bright after doing something like this? The calmness he had barely maintained seemed to crumble into dust again.

"How was it?"

"Are you really long asking how it was?"

Rachel looked at him with a surprised expression in response to Ethan's sharp words, which was different from what she expected. Ethan looked angry at first glance. Was there something wrong with her potion? Seeing his cold reaction, it was clear that Ethan didn't like her gift.

"You, do you know how surprised I was to suddenly move into the future?"

I've been through a lot. Would you believe it if I told you that we had children? What kind of relationship you and I will have in the future......!