𝟘𝟝

Third Person's POV:

Vance woke up first and looked down to see a sleeping Delilah cuddled into his chest. The grabber came downstairs and opened the door. The light smile that graced Vance's face turned to a hard glare as his gaze shifted from his soulmate to the man with the disturbing mask. He stared back and then set down a tray with scrambled eggs and one soda.

"You're both very cute when you're sleeping" the man in the doorway was the first to speak. Vance held Delilah's sleeping form against his own a little bit tighter. Even though he wanted to kill this motherfucker he knew he couldn't, not yet. Besides, he had to protect Delilah. "Well I have some... important things to attend to. I'll be back... soon" the grabber spoke as he turned to leave. "What do you have to do that's more important than the kids you kidnapped and locked in your basement" Vance snarled out. "You'll see, you'll see very soon" was the last thing the old man said before the door was closed and locked behind him.

Vance was starting to get a little hungry but no way in hell was he going to get up and risk waking up the small girl cuddled into his side. He sat for a little bit just staring at the wall and thinking before he slowly drifted back to sleep. A couple hours passed since the grabber visited them and Vance had just woken up from his nap. After a couple minutes of him staring at the ceiling he felt Delilahs head rise from his chest. The curly headed blonde looked down at the brunette to see her rubbing her eyes and slowly waking up.

"Good morning princess, how did you sleep?" Vance softly asked her as she looked up at him. "Mmm really good, you're very comfy" she giggled out the last part and Vance could help the smile that appeared on his face at the sound of her cute little laugh. "Are you hungry? He brought us a soda and some eggs which are definitely cold by now but ya know it's food I guess" Vance pointed to the tray set on the concrete as he spoke. Delilah softly nodded and untangled herself from his arms. They both got up and sat on the floor in front of the tray and began sharing the eggs and soda.

Once finished they both went back to the bed and got to know eachother better. Delilah opened up more and Vance told her more about their soulmates. The two eventually fell asleep holding onto each other, all cuddled up.

The next day was most of the same, talking and getting to know eachother better and sleeping. The two teens were hungry as the grabber hadn't come back to visit them since the morning before. Delilah had now been locked in the grungy basement for 3 days and Vance for 2. The long haired brunette was curled up the blondes lap staring at the wall. Vance had his head leaned up against the wall, arms wrapped around the girl in his lap staring at the ceiling.

They were sitting in comfortable silence which was broken by the sound of the basement door unlocking. Their eyes shifted to the door as it opened to reveal the grabber. He only had a mask on the top half of his face revealing a sinister smile and he had something in his arms. As the teens eyes drifted towards the thing in his arms, Vance gasped and his expression went from annoyed to pissed. Unconscious in the grabbers arms was Bruce. The half masked man just kept creepily smiling as he set his newest victim down and left.

Delilah's POV:

I crawled out of Vances lap allowing him to run to the boys side. When he set him down before he left I recognized him from the Grab N' Go a couple days ago. His name is Bruce. When Vance ran to him and tried waking him and started checking for any injuries it finally clicked. This is the Bruce Vance talked about, Bruce his soulmate, Bruce my soulmate. My eyes drifted to his exposed wrist to find the rocket ship tattoo confirming it. What if he doesn't like me! What if he makes Vance hate me?

I was shook from my thoughts as I heard Vance screaming from the bathroom area. I slowly walked around the corner to find him punching and kicking the wall. "Motherfucker! Im gonna fucking kill this bastard!" Vance screamed angrily as he started kicking the rugs by the toilet. I started to slowly approach him and I put my hand on his shoulder. His head whipped around and ours met. His expression softened and he slumped against the wall. I sat next to him and we sat in silence for a coupl;e minutes.

I decided to finally break the silence, "so is that the Bruce, ya know, your soulmate?" "Our soulmate. He's gonna love you too I promise" He sensed my nerves i guess. He proceeded to stand and helped me get up as well. I didn't let go of his hand as we walked back towards the mattress and Bruce. Vance sat against the wall with his knees to his chest and just looked down. I copied him and we sat there for a little while. Soon though we were both shook from our thoughts as we heard a croaky voice say "Vance?". Bruce was awake...