𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ PROLOGUE

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ PROLOGUE

THE STUDENTS of Rosehill bustled about, chatting mindlessly with eachother. Warm rays of sunlight shone down onto them, illuminating their expressions as they spoke. Lunch break was ending soon, but Rowan Blair and Sadie Jinx sat comfortably underneath the willow tree, with no intentions of moving anytime soon.

Sadie was talking about some Summer Camp that her parents were trying to send her on, for llike the 4th summer in a row. She was, yet again, going to try and talk them out of it. Her great plan had not yet worked. Rowan messed with her bracelet, which housed a Serpentine Crystal in the centre of it, as Sadie's voice changed tones, drastically.

"Uh oh, 6 o'clock."

Rowan whipped her head around, and focused of the raven haired boy who was slowly walking towards the two girls who were sat in the shade. She didn't even try to hold back the scoff that settled in her throat. Josh Cornwell. One of Rosehill's most beloved rich boys, second to Max Broussard. Something stung the tip of her tongue when she thought about the little group of rich kids, and conveniently, she also happened to get a headache whenever she talked to Josh.

There was a time, when Rowan could stand him. A time when she'd rather be in his company, than away from him. Although that time, wasn't very long ago, she despised the boy, and would have much preferred for everyone to forget they ever dated. Or even better, make it so that they never even dated at all. Rowan didn't delve into the little details of why they broke up; to everyone else, Sadie knew everything, of course. All she would say, whenever it was brought up, is that they, "didn't see eye to eye anymore." Or whatever that means. It was code for bullshit, because everyone could tell that it was something else that tore them apart.

Josh stopped infront of the two, his infamous cocky smirk resting on his face. Sadie coughed awkwardly, and sarted to shift, indicating her need to leave. Rowan followed suit, grabbing her bag and slinging it over her shoulder, before trying to follow. However a firm hand on her shoulder stopped her, and spun her around.

Josh let go of her shoulder, with furrowed eyebrows, and began to raise his hand towards Rowan's hair. She could see Sadie standing a little off to the side. She could also see a small crowd beginning to form, as the two exes awkwardly interacted. Or moreso, one ex decided to be weird, and one ex decided to try and get away.

"I liked your hair better in braids... shame," Josh spoke for the first time, his fingers gently brushing the outskirts of Rowans hair. She smacked his wrist, making him retract his hand back. He winced, and then anger crossed his face.

"Don't fucking touch me," Rowan snarled, malice laced in her words.

Josh let out a little fake laugh, before grabbing her right wrist, and bringing it closer to him. He traced around her bracelet, making it to the clasp. Rowan figured out what he was doing a second too late. Before she could stop him, the bracelet had come undone, and had fallen to the floor.

"What a pretty bracelet, I wonder who gave it to you," he drawled, chuckling at Rowans uneasy expression.

"Please, it was my mothers."

"Oh, it must be so precious then! I'd better not... whoops!" he spoke sarcastically and with the last word, he stepped on the bracelet, crushing it between the hard leather of his shoe sole, and the concrete floor.

Rowan Blair felt her world shatter in two. The only thing her mother left her in her Will, was that bracelet. The bracelet that had been her grandmother's, and her grandmother's mother's, and so on. The bracelet that was now in little pieces of the walkway of Rosehill. The bracelet whose crystal was shattered, along with Rowan's heart.

Rowan didn't know what to do. Shk she jsut turned around to Sadie, as the tears began to cascade down her cheeks. Laughter began to break out in the group as she buried her head into her best friend's shoulder. Sadie held her tightly as the bell rang and drew away the crowd. Sadie held her tightly as the principal joined them outside. Sadie held her tightly as they both spent the rest of the day in the nurse's office.

Sadie Jinx never once left Rowan Blair's side.

EXTRA !

EXTRA !

little introduction to ECLIPSE !! i really hope you enjoyed it :D the first chapter will get straight into the story, so yeah!

please vote and comment on this book as it really means a lot <3

rue !