Summer Glare

"It was the first day of summer school" I told my self with an annoyed voice.

I had no motivation to get up but what could I do, I dragged my but up and got dressed. I wore a white undershirt paired with some jeans and a lose jacket. I put on my lucky shoes and quickly went down stairs for breakfast. I took a quick glance at the clock before pouring some milk into my cereal, it read seven- forty. I stuff my mouth and gulped up all the cereal. Then I ran inside and grabbed my stuff before rushing to the car again.

As my mom was driving me to school, my baby sister kept being annoying.

"Can she shut up", I say as I sigh

"You were even worse when you were a baby" says mom.

My cheeks suddenly turned slightly pink, as I try to stop myself from complaining to my mom about my sister.

When we reached school my mom and I both say a prayer.

"The father the son and the Holy Spirit amen"

I give my mom a kiss on the cheek before opening the door and exiting the car, mom tells me to take care and that was my first day of summer school.

I walk into the assigned class to realize that everyone was already there.

"Great" I murmured to myself.

Jenna taps on the seat next to her signaling for me to sit.

"Hey", she says

"Can you guess what's coming up?" she asked enthusiastically.

"Your birthday,", I say with a lot less enthusiasm.

First day went pretty well, but I knew something bad was bound to happen.