03

Arabella was in her bedroom, sitting on a wooden stool and sketching on a canvas. She was transferring one of her sketches to the canvas so she could paint it better and that the paint wont go through the parchment paper she drew on. As she finished sketching, she got her paintbrush and paints ready until someone barged into her room, making her jump a bit. "What the hell were you thinking?" It was Jayce, "I didnt do anything wrong, did i?" She said as she dipped her paintbrush in watercolor paint and started coloring the canvas. "Dont act like you didnt do anything." Arabella slammed her paint jar on a small wooden table next to her making a thump noise, the stool screeched a bit as she got up.

Jayce looked disappointed and agitated, Arabella stood infront of him as they stared eachother. Jayce sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, "You couldve died Bella." He said and places his hand on her shoulder. "Dont call me that, nobody calls me that anymore." Arabella said as they both ended up hugging, she relaxed as everything calming down. Jayce pulled away and told her, "Look if you're gonna visit again, tell me so that I know okay?" "Okay, okay.." "Promise?" "I promise." He let go of her hands and walked towards the door, before he left he gave Arabella a slight smile and she did the same, Jayce left the room and Arabella sighed and flopped on her bed.

All that made Arabella forgot the colors she needed to paint on the canvas, she would need to go back. She quickly changed from her pajamas into a white blouse with long ruffled sleeves and a brown overall along with a pair of black boots, she packed her briefcase again with the same materials she brought yesterday. There was a party going on downstairs, Arabella didn't want to disturb Jayce from having fun so she just wrote a note and left it on her bed. As she was about to leave she realized the door was locked, Jayce locked it to prevent her from visiting the undercity again. She dropped her briefcase and tried to push the door open by slamming her body to the door.

The banging could be heard from downstairs, some people heard it and asked Jayce where the sound was coming from. "Give me a moment." Jayce said and excused himself, going upstairs in a hurry. Arabella could hear his footsteps approaching and looked around the room for an escape route, she looked at the window and quickly grabbed her briefcase and opened it. She looked down, it was pretty high and she started to hyperventilate just by looking at it. Arabella heard the door knob struggling to open by Jayce, she thought, "Screw it, you only live once!" She jumped as Jayce opened the door, she was sliding down roofs. She couldnt control the pace she was going at, there was a lot of thumps here and there. Arabella looked towards her, she had to jump otherwise she wouldn't make it, she ran faster and made the jump.

She climbed up and down roofs until she could see the undercity nearby, but , her foot caught the edge of an up-pulled nail the moment she saw a glimpse of the undercity. A sickening sense of no longer being supported by her feet took over, her stomach did a flip, she toppled and found herself about to land on something. Next thing she knew, she blacked out.

____________________________________

Arabella woke up, her ears were ringing and everything hurts on her body. "They said she was found just like that, Sir." A woman's voice trailed off, the voice sounded familiar. "Was she beaten up?" "Nobody knows, Sir." The woman heard the sofa squeeking so she turned around. Arabella was trying to sit up but felt faint, she had bruises all over her body and a sprained wrist. "You're awake."