05

Sevika opened the closet door and chuckled, Arabella was sitting on the ground with her arms wrapped around her knees while being cramped in a dusty closet in Silco's office.

"Get me out of here" She said as she coughed while Sevika helped her up. Arabella coughed once more but stopped, "Is there a safe or better place other than a closet?" She asked shaking off the dust from the clothing.

"Piltover." Silco replied, Arabella was getting annoyed. "Why do you want me to go back up there so badly?" She asked as she stood infront of his desk with both of her hands on it, looking at the man. He looked at her, "This place isnt for you, you dont belong here."

He said clearly, she licked her lips frustrated and put her hands off the desk. "Fine then, I'll leave." She turned around and went to get her briefcase, she went up to the door, hand on the doorknob. She was getting second thoughts. Arabella looked at Silco and Sevika from the reflection on the doorknob, she rolled her eyes.

As she was about to twist the doorknob, the door kicked open, making Arabella get pushed back, falling onto the ground. She felt the bruises on her body sting as she landed, making her wince a bit.

Silco got up from his seat because of the sudden commotion, Sevika was ready to defend Silco while Arabella was still on the ground. Some scrawny man was on the ground next to Arabella, unconscious and bloody. It looked like he was thrown in here.

Arabella looked up at the opened door, she could hear punching and grunts on the other side of the door. Someone's shadow could be seen on the wall, it looked like they were going to come in the room.

"You really need to get better at hiding." A woman's voice spoke. She was infront of the doorframe, looking at Arabella. It was a tall, blonde woman. She was wearing a blouse, a silver chestplate with black pants and a pair of dark red boots. Not to mention she had brown eyes too, Arabella rolled her eyes and sighed in defeat while the lady helped her up.

The lady dropped her serious expression, "Was that good? I felt sooo..mysterious!" She squealed. "Also these clothes the council gave me to wear to come down here are so pretty!" "Its not a fashion show, dollface." Sevika said.

The blonde lady looked at Sevika, and then whispered into Arabella's ear while covering her mouth.

"What a mood kill.."

Arabella rolled her eyes, "What are you doing here Valerie?" "Oh, me? Im here to rescue you"

"What?" Arabella said in utter confusion, "I dont need rescuing!" "Uh huh.. yeah, you have bruises all over your body."

"Which is why you both need to leave, now." Silco said as he sat back down on his desk, Arabella scoffed and grabbed her briefcase, Valerie was humming some sort of tune to fill in the silence as they left the building on their way back to Piltover.

{~}

"Oh ~~Councilor Talis!!" Valerie said in a cheerful tone while skipping through the hallway to the other end where Jayce is. Jayce sees Arabella next to her, he feels so relieved.

"Arabella! Youre safe!"

"Up-up, dont touch me." Arabella said as Jayce got closer to hug her, Arabella had her sleeves up. Jayce could see the bruises on her arm, he grabbed it and looked at this one big bruise on her forearm. "What happened to you?" He asked in an angry and disgusted tone.

"I fell, you locked me in my room Jayce. How do you not know this?!" Jayce sighed, he looked at Valerie as a sign for her to leave. She nodded and skipped to the other end of the hallway.

"Happy to please you, Councilor!" Valerie said as she skipped through the hallway to the other end with her voice echoing on the walls.

He placed both his hands on her shoulder, "I didnt lock you in your room." "Thats a big bunch of bull!" She said pushing his hands away from her. "I really didnt, like I said I wanted to protect you, just not in that way. You know I would never do that."

As Arabella was about to lose her temper, she inhaled slowly and exhaled. "I'll talk to you later, Jayce." She walked away from him, Jayce looked at her from behind. Sighing in the background, as she was walking, she saw someone in blue peeking around the corner. She raised a brow and wondered who it was, she couldnt see since the person went out of sight as soon as Arabella saw them.

Arabella got to the end of the hallway, she saw Marcus. He was a Sheriff and he was an enforcer, she looked at his attire. Blue armor, same color pallete as the person she saw around the corner. Arabella and Marcus locked eyes on eachother as she walked past him, she was confused and looked infront of her, breaking eye contact.

She heard footsteps catching up to her from behind, she didnt look back. It could be Jayce, but instead it was Marcus. "Let me assist you on your way back, Miss Swans." She gave him a sideview look, they continued walking. "Did you see anyone come around this hallway?" "No I didnt Maam." Huh, strange. Arabella rolled her eyes and stopped walking and so did Marcus.

"Is there a problem Ma-" "You have 5 seconds to explain why you were eavesdropping on me and Jayce." Arabella said as she walked towards Marcus, Marcus was backing up but ended up against the wall with Arabella infront of him with her finger pointed at his chest.

"One, two, three, four." Marcus wouldnt budge, he kept his mouth shut. "Fine, you can kiss your Sheriff position goodbye." She stopped and started to walk away. "Wait!" He said. Arabella turned around, "I was the one who locked your door maam."