Chapter 15

Autumn's PoV

"Seriously?!"

———

"The idiot! What are we gonna do now?!" Ocean yelled as she kicked the dirt where Sun had first been lying, "How could she be so stupid?! Leaving in the middle of the night! Did she hit her head during Xornoth's attack in the Lost Empire or something?!"

Autumn massaged her front head, looking around and searching in vain for any trace of the now-missing girl.

"Maybe she was ill! Did she look ill to you?"

Autumn sighed, "Ocean, that's not what's important right now."

"That doesn't answer my question!... What were her grades in school?! Maybe she's just a dumbass!"

"Ocean."

"What if she was sleepwalking? Stop looking at me like that! It's a possibility!" Ocean added when Autumn raised one of her eyebrows.

"Ocean!"

"Maybe she got kidnapped in her sleep? Did you see her getting kidnapped? She could've at least woken us up if she was getting kidnapped!"

"OCEAN!"

"What?!"

"Silent!"

Autumn let out a sigh of relief when Ocean finally stopped talking and instead started to...kick a tree? Sure...

"Stu-pid i-di-ot why did you leave with-out let-ting us know?!" Ocean grumbled as she launched a new kick against the poor tree with every syllable.

Autumn tilted her head and watched the girl in amusement for a while, after Ocean was finally done they had decided to scan the area before returning to their camp with empty hands.

Sun was nowhere to be seen.

———

Jimmy's PoV

"Joel? Joel! Where are you?!"

Jimmy yelled as she rushed through the halls of the Matral Palace, ignoring the weird looks from some of the servants he passed, finally, after one of the servants had shown him the way, he managed to find Joel and Lizzie's bedroom.

He closed his eyes and took a shaky breath at the thought of his sister before storming into the room without even knocking.

"JOEL!"

The brunette looked up from his desk with an alarmed expression. "Jimmy?"

Jimmy leaped forward, trapping Joel into a hug. "J-Joel." He mumbled before bursting out into tears.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

The brunette sighed when he didn't get an answer, "Timmy? Look me in the eyes, what happened?"

Jimmy looked down at the much shorter man but couldn't stop crying, "L-Lizzie...s-she."

Another wave of tears.

"She what?"

"D-died."

Joel immediately stepped backward, pulling his hands back, "What?" He laughed, even though it didn't sound genuine, "Jimmy this is not funny."

"W-what? b-but-"

"THIS IS NOT FUNNY! A DAMN DEMON IS TRYING TO CAST ETERNAL WINTER UPON US, THE OCEAN IS DRIED UP AND MOSS IS FIGHTING FOR HIS LIFE! YET YOU ARE HERE-"

"I'm n-not l-lying! P-please, b-believe me." Jimmy cried as he sunk to the ground and fell to his knees. "PLEASE!"

It was then that Joel finally realized that he had been crying too, "No... no! I can't lose her too!"

He stumbled over and knelt down in front of Jimmy, "I'm s-sorry." He whispered before pulling Jimmy into another hug, they sat there for a while, both silently crying.

It took Jimmy a while before he finally calmed down and managed to speak again, "W-what's wrong w-with Moss?

Joel looked up, "He...he's ill, I l-let e-every doctor I-I c-could find c-come but n-none of t-them k-knows what h-he h-has."

He stayed silent for a while before opening his mouth to speak again, "W-who-" Tears started to form in his again and he aggressively wiped them away, "W-who k-killed h-her?"

Jimmy shook his head, "Scott."

———

Hi everyone thanks for reading!
Sorry for the lack of updates I lost motivation halfway through the chapter.
See you in the next chapter!