remus lupin - clandestine meetings.

pairing - remus lupin x reader

summary - just you and remus being in love, secretly though.

trope/tags - fluff, secret relationship

warnings - none

word count - 1.3k

the clock struck ten. you yawned, snuggling into remus’ shoulder while his eyes were focused on a book he stole from under lily’s bed. it was one of those rare nights when the three other marauders were all out and about somewhere where neither of them should be, but remus didn’t allow it to occupy his thoughts. on any other occasion, he would be losing his mind trying to locate the idiots, especially if one of them happened to snatch the map. something (someone) else was on his mind, and not even the book in his hands could fully drift his focus away from you.

“i love that part, i couldn’t wait for emma and mr. knightley to finally get together.” you sighed dreamily. remus let his eyes trail towards you, and he hummed in response, smiling stupidly.

“remus, you’re reading persuasion.” his ears turned red and you burst out laughing at the way he widened his eyes. he groaned in embarrassment, covering his face with the book to hide the blush on his cheeks.

“you can’t ask me to focus when you’re right here next to me, you know.” his voice was slightly muffled.

“are you saying i’m distracting you?” the teasing tone of your voice made him snort.

“perhaps.” he said.

“alright, i shall leave you, then.” you sat up on the bed, acting as if you were about to leave him and head back to your own dormitories. remus was quick to react. the book fell to the floor with a loud thud, and you snickered when he pulled you back onto the mattress and then hovered over you.

“not yet, you got here only an hour ago.” remus argued playfully. “really? i feel like years have gone by.” you went along with it.

“i’m that boring, huh?” he sighed.

“just a little bit.” you smirked. he scoffed, and then leaned down to lock his lips with your own. you wrapped your arms around his neck, pulling him closer, if that was even possible.

you and remus were a simple couple, sort of. you didn’t long for any special date nights or anything over the top. sometimes you’d read together, but really, both you could settle for simply lying in bed together, kissing, cuddling, talking about anything and everything that would come to your minds.

you loved each other, yet you never showed it in front of others. it’s not like you had to keep the fact you were together hidden from everybody, no, but you both enjoyed the thought and the thrill of having such a relationship. you sometimes blamed it on the books, but secret meetings in the astronomy tower, stolen stares, hidden smiles, you loved all of it. you lived in your own little world that you two created. was it unnecessary? yes, pretty much. did you ever want it to stop? hell no.

“do you wanna dance?” remus suddenly pulled away from you, his face flushed and lips swollen. you almost laughed at how he let the words out so nonchalantly, as if you weren’t sucking each other’s faces off five seconds prior.