xii. a bloody rock war

CHAPTER TWELVE
'A BLOODY ROCK WAR'

The next day, Toni received a disturbing call from Beverly

The next day, Toni received a disturbing call from Beverly. The red-haired girl didn't say much, except it was an urgent matter that couldn't be explained over the phone.

Without hesitation, Toni called Bill, and shared the address with him so the boys could meet her at the apartment.

The brunette was sitting on the staircase of the building, holding Beverly close to her chest as she smoked a cigarette.

"Okay, okay. Can you tell me what she said exactly?"

"She just said we needed to hurry over."

The girls lift their heads in unison when they hear Eddie and Bill, bickering from afar.

Beverly threw the cigarette away from the railing before following Toni down the stairs.

"You made it," Beverly breathed out as her and Toni reach the bottom, and meet the rest of the group, "I. . .I need to show you something."

"What is it?" Ben inquired.

"More of what we saw at the quarry?" Richie chimed in, smirking.

"I'm sorry, what the hell's he talking about now?" Toni asked, pointing at Richie.

"Nothing!" Eddie shoot a death glare at the trashmouth, "Shut up! Just Shut up, Richie!"

Beverly and Toni shared a concerned look, "My dad will kill me if he finds out I had boys in the apartment."

Toni nodded, and turned to Bill, "We should leave a look out."

"Alright, Ruh-Richie. Stay here," Bill instructed.

Ben, Eddie, and Stanley leave their bikes to accompany Beverly, Bill, and Toni to the apartment.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! What if her dad comes back?" Richie called them out.

"Do what you always do, start talking," Toni told him in a flat tone, then proceeded to ascend the stairs.

"It is a gift!" The brunette heard Richie reply behind her.

🎈

"In here," Beverly said, leading the group into the hallway towards the bathroom.

"What's it?" Stanley dared to ask, glancing at the closed door.