xv. real enough

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
'REAL ENOUGH'

The voice echoed louder as the losers approximated to the second floor of the house. The way upstairs was frightening, death breathed down their necks with every step they took.

As they beat the last stairs, Toni caught a glimpse of a girl's body, laying across the hallway.

"Uh, guys?" The brunette called.

The boys gathered around her, watching the corpse crawl. Bill recognized the girl almost immediately as she turned her head to face them.

"Betty?" Bill attempted to call her.

"Ripsom?" Richie added.

Before the girl could reply, she was dragged away abruptly, vanishing from their sight.

"Where the fuck did she go?" Richie muttered as Bill, and himself stepped further into the room.

"She was right here-" Toni's argument was cut short by Eddie, who pulled her by her sleeve.

"Toni, wait," Eddie muttered.

The brunette frowned, noticing his eyes were glued to the corridor behind them.

Eddie gulped a puff from his inhaler and held tighter onto Toni. The creaking sounds performed by the walls as they began to strech out were no ease to him.

Toni placed herself infront of Eddie and strode backwards, using her arm as a barrier to keep him away from the hallway.

Eddie looked over his shoulder, spotting Bill and Richie slowly fading beyond the room as the door motioned to close itself.

The hypochondriac boy grabbed Toni's arm, attempting to rush towards the two boys. However, the door was slammed shut when they reached it.

"NO, NO- GUYS? GUYS!" Toni and Eddie wailed in unison, banging on the door desperately.

"Toni! Eddie!" Bill cried out from the other side, his sweaty palms slipped out from the knob as he tried to switch it.

In the spare of the moment, the floor began to tear underneath Toni and Eddie.

"Fuck, fuck," Toni muttered, pressing her back against the door.

"WOAH- WHAT THE FUCK?" Eddie screeched, backing off slowly while looking down at the hole that had separated him from Toni. His focus on the room beneath-which seemed like a kitchen-made him completely unaware of the figure that slithered through the corridor's shadows.

"H-Holy shit, Eddie?" Toni said in a warning tone, her eyes widened at the sight of a decayed leper appearing behind the hypochondriac boy.

"I'm fine, just-" Eddie was cut short by a hot breath penetraring his neck. He turned around hesitantly, until his gaze met the leper.