24. I did a Mistake.

Mistakes are done unknowingly, never knowingly.

The night fell. Stars and Moon came out to brighten the dark sky. Everyone had retired for the night. Advika and Karna both had wanted to go back, but Kunti would not allow them to go, at all. She has said that she already told his adoptive parents, that they are staying the night. She further said that they all will all go to meet them tomorrow.

Both had agreed and had finally retired to bed. But Karna could not sleep. The image of Advika and Krishna had him very troubled. He felt so uncomfortable seeing them together. Advika had not said anything about Krishna to him. She never got comfortable with people so quickly. If she knew Krishna from before, then why did she not mention him? He was her best friend, he should know right?

Above all, why did he feel so uncomfortable? Why did he feel so jealous? So many questions and no answer at all. Karna got up from the bed. He would not be able to sleep, with his brain questioning everything. He decided to take a walk.

Karna took a stroll in the Gardens of the palace. The place was beautifully lighted with the moonlight. While he was partial to the sun he liked the moon. He walked for a while, before he saw something that felt like a punch to his heart.

In front of him stood Krishna and Advika, both leaning on each other. Her head was in his shoulder and his arm around her shoulder. His eyes went wide. He gulped before turning his back and leaving. He still did not understand the hurt he was experiencing, but he could not watch the scene. As it is, the scene was imprinted in his mind. He did not think he could take anything more. His heart felt heavy, and his brain numb. Why?

»»————- ★ ————-««

Advika had been unable to sleep so she had been walking in the garden, when she came upon Kanha, who was laying down on the ground.

" Tum yeha? " asked Advika.

" Haa, the moonlit night is beautiful!" replied Kanha, not opening his eyes.

" Yes, it is indeed." said Advika, as she sat down beside him. Some moments passed in utter beautiful silence.

" Kanha? " asked Advika.

" Hmm " hummed Kanha.

" I am glad you are here! I missed you and dau." said Advika, her voice soft.

" So did we. Maa, Rohini maa and Pitashree missed you too. You should have visited" said Kanha, just as softly.

" I know. It's..just" said Advika before breaking herself off.

" You don't need to explain. Your reasons are your own, Mayuri. Just visit sometimes, ok?" asked Kanha, gently.

Advika smiled softly at him, happy someone understood her well. Krishna sighed before getting up, and pulling her up too. She got up, only to be pulled in a side hug. She laughed, used to being pulled in a hug, whenever he felt like it. It was the same time that Karna had seen them. Both of them were unaware of an audience. No, Krishna was very aware who was there. Poor Jyesht, he thought, with a mischievous smile. Advika looked at him and raised an eyebrow.

"Haas kyu rahe ho? " asked Advika, furrowing her brows, as she separated from the hug, and turned back.

" Kuch nehi! But why are you looking back?" asked Kanha, with a teasing glint in his eyes. Advika kept looking for a while, before she turned towards him.

" Pata nehi kyu, parantu I think someone was here!" murmured Advika.

" Acha? Who do you think it was?" asked Kanha.

" I think.." said Advika.

" Haa, bolo bhi! " said Kanha.

" Karna, I guess?" replied Advika, still murmuring.