30. The Guru Dakshina.

When one finds the true Guru, they can conquer half the world.

Karna and Advika stood up and went towards were the elders stood. They bent to take their blessings. Everyone blessed them wholeheartedly. Kunti had a huge smile on her face and she was glowing in happiness, and so was Gandhari. The females of the groom family left first, as they need to be there in Hastinapur, for the welcoming of the bride and the groom. After that,the ritual of first meal took place within the Palace. Both fed each other among the teasing of their brothers and sisters. Dushala and Subhadra giggled and teased their brother/ sister mercilessly.

The time of Vidaai was approaching. After the meal, everyone gathered outside the Palace of Dwarka, for the Vidaai ritual. Karna and his entire family waited outside, while Advika came from inside the palace and stopped at the threshold.

A girl in the Vedic traditions is seen as the form of Lakshmi, the goddesses of Prosperity and Wealth. So when a girl leaves her home for her husband's after marriage is known as Vidaai. Subhadra forwarded a huge plate filled with puffed rice. Behind Advika stood Rohini and Devaki, their veil spread in their hand as they waited to catch the rice. Advika cupped her hands with the rice backwards without looking back, at her mothers. These was done three times.

This ritual meant that as the married girl leaves her parent's house, the prosperity remains within her parents home, even though she herself was not present there. Advika looked at Vasudev, who stood in front of her. She bent to take his blessings and he hugged her. Her eyes were brimming with tears though none fell. She went towards her mothers who came in front of her. They hugged her and blessed her with a happy married life. Then came Balrama and Revati. Both hugged her, tightly. Balrama face had tears in them.

" Mayuri, always remember this brother of yours will always come, whenever you call!" said Balrama, his voice chocked with tears. Advika nodded, not able to voice her agreement due to her voice being chocked with tears. Then Krishna and Rukmini stood in front of her. Advika simply hugged him and he hugged her back. Both simply stood for a while savouring their friendship and sibling hood.

" Don't trouble maa, without me there, Kanha!" whispered Advika as she broke the hug. Kanha snorted. " Shouldn't I be the one to tell you something?" said Kanha, a small smile on his face.

" Tumahari iccha!! " said Advika, a small smile on her face. Rukmini came forward to hug her too. She hugged her back. " Write a letter, once in a while." muttered Rukmini. Advika hugged her tightly and nodded. Subhadra hugged her elder sister. " I will miss you jiji!" said Subhadra. Advika simply hugged her.

All the three siblings made their sister sit inside the Palanquin. A series looks was exchanged between Karna and the two brothers. karna nodded, a small smile on his face. Balrama and Krishna did the same. The procession slowly left through the gates of Dwarka, fading into the horizon.

It was almost evening when they reached the Palace of Hastinapur. The palace was beautiful lighted with various oil lamps, that it shone in the evening. They entered within the palace confines. Advika came out from the Palanquin and stood alongside Karna, in front of Rajmata Kunti and Maharani Gandhari.

She was instructed to gently push the Kalash ( pot ) filled with rice and decorated with leaves. It signifies the coming of the Griha Lakshmi, in the house. She did that and then placed her foot within the palace threshold. Then she place her feet on a red liquid and walked forward leaving red footprints on a white cloth.