Chapter 5: Training and exam 1

(A/N: This is your one and only warning: Izumi will nerd out so be cautious. I hope you enjoy!)

Me and Izumi were back at the beach. It had been a few hours since she ate dad's hair so I figured she would have One for All by now. "Okay Izumi, focus. Reach inside yourself." Izumi had her eyes closed as she was focusing, looking for the power.

I saw green lightning begin to course around her body as red veins began to appear. "Guh, it hurts."

I put my hands on her shoulders. "Focus. You're in an ocean of power right now. Try and imagine shrinking it to a drop. I know you can do it."

Izumi was silent for a second as the pained face she had slowly disappeared. "O-okay. I... I think I did it." The lightning around her began to die down to barely a spark. "I-I think this is as low as I can go. M-maybe less than one percent."

I nodded. "Good. I want you to try and hold that for as long as you can and stand up. I'm going to teach you to fight." Izumi stood up on shaky feet.

——

I deflected a punch from Izumi as she was trying to get used to the feeling of One for All going through her. So far she'd managed to learn to fight fairly well and her ability to use One for All so quickly was amazing. She was really something amazing.

I didn't expect her to have this level of mastery of it after only a few months of training. She could only use about three percent of One for All but what she was able to do with that was astonishing. She even came up with something she calls full cowling.

I kept dodging and deflecting her attacks, keeping an eye on her form.

——

It was time for the entrance exam. I was standing outside of UA waiting for Izumi to arrive. I looked at my phone to see the time and saw that she was running late.

She had been working so hard over the months of training I didn't want her to miss her chance of achieving her dream.

"I-Izuku?" I looked up from my phone and saw Izumi there and smiled at her.

"Hey, I was worried. Come on, let's head inside." She smiled and nodded. That smile always made me feel weird. I wanted to protect that smile with everything I had. We made our way inside.

No one POV

Bakugou watched the two walk into UA and he was pissed. 'That Deku bitch thinks she can be a hero?! And the asshole, he thinks he's better than me. I'll show them both!' He walked into the building, yelling at the people who recognized him from the slime villain attack.

——

Izumi POV

We were sitting in the auditorium after the written exam, waiting for the explanation about the practical portion of the exam. I was talking with Izuku about random things, trying to keep my mind off of the fact I was sitting so close to him.

All of the sudden, there was a loud voice shouting through the mic that I immediately recognized. "Hello all of you little licensers! Can I get a oh yeah!"

The room remained silent for a second before Izuku shouted. "Oh yeah!" I smiled at him, not wanting to leave Present Mic hanging like that.

"Thank you! Now, it's time to explain the next exam!" He explained everything that was on the pamphlet they gave us when we walked in but with a bit more detail.

He was about to get to the last robot when a blue haired guy stood up, raising his hand as high as he could. "Sir, you haven't explained the last robot! You only talked about three when there are clearly four of them! If this is a mistake, then UA and you should be ashamed of themselves!"

I saw Izuku roll his eyes. "Geez, this guy has no clue what he's talking about. Impatient much?" I giggled at him, nodding my head.

"Yeah. I feel kind of bad form Mic. Even if he is a bit goofy, he makes sure he knows what he's doing and this guy just called him an idiot."

The blue haired kid spun around and pointed at us. "And you two! You keep talking, distracting everyone from paying attention! If that is the reason you are here, then leave! The rest of us are trying to become heroes, unlike you two!"

I began to shrink into my seat when I noticed Izuku stand up with an angry look that seemed to make the blue haired guy flinch. "You're the one stopping this whole thing from finishing! You're five rows ahead of us but you're the only one complaining about noise! If you were actually paying attention, you would have known that Present Mic was about to talk about the last robot until you rudely stood up to berate him because you weren't paying attention!"

"Alright everyone, let's all calm down. Examinee number 23374, if you read the first page of the pamphlet, then you would know that you should wait until the end, where I will specify ask who has any questions, rather than interrupting the way you did. Now, may I continue my explanation?" Present Mic had a very cheeky tone that made me smile a bit as the boy sat back down.

——

I was standing outside my testing area, trying to prepare myself. I hoped that I could do it with Izuku but we didn't get the same area. I was starting to get nervous when I remembered some words he had told me during our training. "Izumi, don't doubt yourself. You can do it, I know you can."

I didn't want to lose the trust Izuku had in me by losing here. I looked around and saw this brunette girl looking like she was gonna have a nervous breakdown and I was gonna go help her when I felt a hand touch my shoulder.

"You're not going to distract that girl. Can't you see that she is doing fine on her own."

I shook his hand off of my shoulder and gathered my nerves. "You're the only one distracting anyone here. Stop trying to see other people trying to cause problems and look at what your actions are causing."

I walked away from him towards the girl. "Breathe Uraraka. Just breathe." I could hear her talking to herself.

"Hey, are you okay?" She jumped at my sudden question. "Sorry, b-but, you looked nervous. Are you okay?"

"Oh, no. I-I'm afraid that I won't make it with my quirk."

I looked her over and saw the pads on the tips of her fingers. "You look like you have an emitter type quirk that most likely only works when using using all five fingers on one hand to make contact with an object into order for it to work so using it shouldn't be all that hard as long as you stay on your feet and vigilant of your surrounding then I can't see any problems unless there is some other restriction that I don't know about then it may be harder than I realize but that shouldn't be that bad as long as you've trained with the quirk and know the ins and outs of it making sure you know what your doing and the best guess I could throw out is that you manipulate the object you touch possibly changing the weight of something or maybe the structure of something either way I don't see any problems so I have full confidence in you to make it." I smiled at her as she looked completely lost.

Izuku POV

'My Izumi quirk nerd senses are going off the charts right now.'

(A/N: I hope you enjoyed!)