Chapter 11: Meeting the Mother 2

(A/N: So this story will probably only be 15 - 20 chapters long. Probably closer to 15. I hope you enjoy!)

Izuku was looking over himself, trying to finish getting ready for... "Mom is gonna embarrass me. I don't think I'll survive this."

Feeling his phone vibrate in his pocket, Izuku pulled it out and saw a text from his mom. "Izuku, make sure you smell nice for that girl! Its important to present yourself in a good way!"

Izuku groaned, putting his phone back. "Is this how Izumi felt?"

A knock sounded on his door. He walked over to see who it was and saw Izumi. "H-Hey. Uh, it's almost t-time to leave."

Izuku looked at his clock and saw she was right. "Okay, let's get going." He smiled and she grabbed his arm, making him blush. They walked downstairs and Mina whistled at them, not helping Izuku's red face.

"Have fun you two!" Mina shouted to them as they walked outside.

—-

Walking down the street, Izuku's mind was swirling with thoughts. Meanwhile, Izumi wasn't faring much better. 'What am I supposed to do? What did mom always say to tell a guy?' "U-Um, Izuku?" Izuku looked at Izumi. "Y-You smell nice."

"O-oh, thanks." 'Holy shit, mom was right!' "Uh, y-you look beautiful."

Izumi blushed. "Th-Thanks Izuku. I... I'm really happy we met."

Izuku reached an arm around her shoulder, pulling her into a sideways hug. "Me too. You're my closest friend and I can't be happier." Izuku wanted to tell her how he felt about her but held himself back, thinking it might ruin his friendship with her.

—-

Arriving at Izuku's house, the two opened the door and were met by Melissa smiling at them. "Hey guys! Dinner should be done soon. Come on in." They walked on, heading to the couch and having a seat as Melissa sat next to them. "So Izumi, you were really born quirkless?"

"Y-Yeah. My f... uh, someone who used to be my friend began to bully me for it."

Melissa looked at her with a sympathetic look. "That sounds terrible. You didn't deserve that. Well, now you've got me and Izuku so you don't ever have to worry about that happening again." She gave Izumi a hug, which Izumi returned with a smile.

"Th-Thanks, Melissa. That... that means a lot."

Izuku felt a hand land on his shoulder and looked to see a blond woman smiling at him. "Mom!"

He stood up, hugging the woman as she hugged him back. "Izuku! Oh, it's been so long! You've grown so much!" Izumi watched the two with some curiosity. "And you must be Izumi. I've heard so much about you."

"Uh, hello ma'am. It's nice to meet you."

The mother smiled at the girl. "Hello, Izumi, I'm Delilah Yagi, it's a pleasure to meet you. I can tell you have some questions. Go ahead and ask." She sat down in a chair.

"W-well... why does Izuku have green hair if you have brown hair and All Might has blond hair?"

"Hm. Well that's because after I had Melissa, I couldn't have children. So, we asked our friends if they could help us and Emi said she'd be our surrogate. He ended up getting her green hair, just a bit darker."

Izumi looked at Izuku as he was drinking some water. A timer went off in the kitchen, causing the mother to stand up and head to the kitchen. Izumi thought to herself. Izumi sat there, thinking to herself.

——

Everyone was sitting around the dinner table, eating. Izuku was talking with Melissa and Izumi, all of them smiling. Delilah smiling, watching them, happy to see her children so happy with their new friend. And for Izuku, maybe something more.

Izumi felt happy. She had only just met Izuku's mother, and yet she was treating her like she was already part of the family. It made her feel... so happy to be accepted for who she was. A once quirkless girl who wants to be a hero.

——

Izuku and Izumi were walking back to the dorms, an awkward silence sitting between them. On Izumi broke. "I-Izuku, our mom is really nice."

"Heh, yeah. She's wanted to meet you for a while but she only just got back from amarica."

"Really? Why was she over there?"

"She worked at I-Island. Mel worked with her as an assistant while she was going to school there."

Izumi was silent for a second. "Your family is amazing, Izuku. Your dad is All Might, your mom is a super smart inventor. Even your sister is amazing. Your amazing." Izumi sighed as she looked down. "I... why do you like me? I'm not anything special or anything."

"Izumi." They both stopped. "I don't hang out with you because your special. I do it because you're you. You're nice, kind, caring, smart. You don't give up even when the odds are stacked against you. And..." Izuku took a gulp, swallowing his nerves. "And I love that about you."

Izumi froze when she heard that. "I-Izuku... y-you..."

"Yeah. I... I love you, Izumi. It wasn't like that at first. Back then, I thought you were just a cute and quirky girl who liked to talk about heroes and quirks. But as we were cleaning the beach, I began to feel something growing in me. It took me a while to understand what those feelings and accept them but now I can. I love you, Izumi."

Izuku smiled at Izumi, happy he finally got his feelings out. "I-Izuku, I..." Izumi felt like her legs might give out from under her. The boy she liked just admitted his feelings for her. She felt feelings of joy, knowing that. Swallowing her own nerves, she walked up to Izuku, kissing him. "I-I feel the same. I was scared you wouldn't feel the same."

Izuku smiled, kissing her. "So, does that make us a couple now?"

Izumi's cheeks began to grow a red hew. "I-If you want. I-I wouldn't be a-against it." Izuku nodded and held Izumi close as they continued their walk back to the dorms.

(A/N: I hope you enjoyed!)