Chapter 10: The sister

(A/N: I hope you enjoy!)

Izuku POV

It was lunch, and I was sitting with Izumi and a few of our classmates. I couldn't stop thinking about what happened during the test Aizawa had us take earlier. 'Why did that happen? Why did I see it and no one else did? Is it something to do with One for All?'

While I was stuck in my thoughts, I felt someone poking me. I looked over and saw Izumi looking at me with a mouth full of food before swallowing. "What are you thinking about?"

"Oh, uh. Don't worry about it. I'll tell you later, okay?" She nodded and we went back to eating. While we were eating, I felt something pushing down on my shoulders. I was confused. 'Who is...' I looked back and saw a very familiar head of golden hair. "M-Mel?!"

"Hey bro! Long time no see!"

I got up and hugged her. "I didn't know you were in town! What about mom? Is she here?"

She shook her head. "Nah, she's at home, waiting to surprise dad."

I felt the stares of my classmates so I turned to look at them. "Oh, uh, guys, this is my older sister, Melissa. What are you doing here anyways? Shouldn't you be on I-Island for school?"

"Welllll... I decided that since you wanted to go to UA, I would transfer here for my last year. Mom finished her work last week so everything worked out."

I smiled. "That's great! I kinda wish you told me you were coming but it was a nice surprise. So are you in the support course?"

She nodded. "Yup. Top of the class so far."

"Tch, not surprising since you were always a wiz with tech." I looked over and saw Izumi watching. "Oh, and this is Izumi. She's, uh, my friend."

Mel looked at her and back to me. "You two dating?"

Izumi and I blushed like crazy. "Wh-what?! N-no, we're not dating!"

Mel laughed. "Geez, Izuku, it's so easy to tease you." She looked at Izumi and smiled, while Izumi was blushing wildly. "Hey, names Melissa. I'm this dork's older sister. Nice to meet you."

"Uh, hi. I-I'm Izumi Midoriya. So you're in the support course? What's your quirk?" Izumi seemed to will a pen and notebook as she prepared to write.

"Oh, uh, I'm quirkless. I just use my brain like a normal person to make my stuff."

Izumi seemed to pause for a second before writing something in her notebook and putting it away. I put my arm on Mel's shoulder. "I think you two will get along well." Mel looked at me curiously. "I'll tell you later." I winked at her and she seemed to understand.

We sat down at the table and ate while we caught up.

——

After school, I was in my dorm room with Mel and Izumi. "So, Izuku, what did you mean?"

"Well... Izumi here was quirkless too. She inherited dad's quirk a few months ago."

Mel looked over at Izumi. "Really?" Izumi nodded, seemingly scared of what she'll say. Mel gave her a hug, making Izumi confused. "Oh, that's so cool! I haven't met anyone else who was quirkless!"

I just smiled at them as Izumi began to smile at being accepted, hugging back.

——

I was sitting on my bed, reading a journal, when my phone went off. Looking at it, I immediately recognized it and answered. "Mom! When were you gonna tell me you were back in town?!"

"Izuku, it's nice to hear from you. As for your question, we only got here yesterday. Now, I want to meet this girlfriend of yours. How about dinner tonight?"

My face grew bright red. "M-mom, she's not my girlfriend. W-we're j-just friends."

I could practically feel mom raising an eyebrow at me over the phone. "Oh Izuku, you have so much to learn about love. Either way, I still want to meet the girl that has managed to capture my son's heart." I couldn't argue with mom about that. She was right, I had a huge crush on Izumi, the shine of her eyes, the way she gets so excited about quirks, how she- "Izuku, you're mumbling to yourself."

I smacked a hand over my mouth. "S-sorry mom."

Mom was laughing over the line. "Oh it's alright, dear. So dinner tonight? You bring your friend along?"

I sighed to myself, knowing mom wouldn't give up. "Okay. I'll ask her if she wants to come to dinner."

"Great. I'll text you the details and when you should be expecting us to pick you up. Love you, honey."

"Love you too, mom." I heard mom hang up and groaned to myself. I got up and walked out of my room towards Izumi's door. Knocking on the door, I was trying to think of what I was going to say.

The door opened. "O-oh, Izuku. Wh-what's up?"

"Hey Izumi, I need to, uh, talk to you about something." She opened her door for me to walk in and sat down at her desk. "So, uh, my mom called me and said she wants to take you and me out to dinner. So...you wanna go?"

"W-wait, your mom wants to meet me?!" Izumi began to freak out.

——

After Izumi managed to calm down a bit, she sat on her bed. "Wh-why would your mom want t-to... to meet me?"

Izuku scratched the back of his head. "W-well, she thinks we're a... couple."

"What?!"

I quickly waved my hands in front of my face. "I-I never told that! She just... thinks that. Even though I keep telling her differently." I looked down, rubbing the back of my neck. "So? Do you uh, wanna go?"

"Uh, y-yeah. S-sure, I'll go meet your mom."

(A/N: I hope you enjoyed!)