one. mistake

[ chapter one ]

SHE COULDN'T HAVE BEEN OLDER THAN 14, a dark storm swirled around the village with the monsoon season approaching closer

SHE COULDN'T HAVE BEEN OLDER THAN 14, a dark storm swirled around the village with the monsoon season approaching closer. Even with barriers of reefs, blessed by their great mother, couldn't stopped the rigid, powerful winds. When other children were ushered to find shelter within their Marui pods, a quietly sneaked off to the opposite direction.

The only person going against the harsh, strong current. Whistling sounds, going deaf to the ears of the people but manage to be picked up from an Ilu- her fellow buddy approaching as the young girl took her chance to take off, drying her irritated wet cheeks.

Not from the heavy rain water where droplets crashed onto her darker skin like small pebbles, they hurt much less from the heaving chest that burdened a cursed weak heart.

Arwani rode to sea, against the harsh currents and she goes nowhere for a peace of mind. Even with tides begin to drown her down, the young girl stays afloat. And with each harsh dives of the waters does not rid Arwani of her swollen face and prickling eyes that flowed with emotion no matter what. Arwani didn't want to cry. She wanted it to stop. Why couldn't she stop it?

She couldn't.

And she never felt so weak up to this moment.

Hot tears streaming down her face, her lips downturns and her teeth biting her inner cheek in an failed attempt to stop herself from expressing. She felt bare, strip to her core even with no one around did she hold back and choked on her sobs of frustration and sadness all alone in the middle of the ocean. With clouds shielding the sun and pouring, with a gray sky that was painted bleak- a similar color to her eyes.

In the first time of her life, Arwani has no idea how to react. No idea with how to settle down her emotions and soothe herself- she screamed as her body tilted with the harsh waves. Her Ilu underneath was whimpering with its weak croaks. 

Even with all of her crying fits, even with all the sounds she used up- Arwani never felt more angry, and she never felt more empty and hopeless. Exactly at that, the crying stopped and thunder rumbled. It's light flashing with luminosity and it's sound bellowed from the pits of Eywa's stomach- but that didn't drive Arwani away to go home and find some warmth.

Her body shivered and skin was covered in goosebumps with harsh weather conditions, the tides rippled with more strength now. The young Metkayina was heaving despite of the circumstances of having high lung capacity. Her breathing was erratic, and her chest burned.

She almost fell down as another wave pushed down, but her chest burned too much for any attention to be payed to her situation. The sweet and scared animal squeaked but Arwani couldn't think of anything else.