four. mask

[ chapter four ]

SHE WAS SAT within her humble abode, sitting the in middle of her Marui pod on the floor with the floor table holding freshly brewed tea

SHE WAS SAT within her humble abode, sitting the in middle of her Marui pod on the floor with the floor table holding freshly brewed tea. The area she sat in was dimly lit- most of its light source coming from the sky.

The dark blue sky with specks of with shimmering dots, glittering freckles as her sister might say were mesmerizing- entrancing if you will. The girl with moonlight grey eyes loving the sky wasn't so surprising to anyone.

Arwani felt tired but she couldn't really sleep properly so she made tea, didn't make anynharsh noises to turned on any bright lights but trusted to the light of the night to help her through.

So there she sat. Her legs crossed, as she took a mother sip and rested her chin I'm her palm, her fingers tapping to a certain rhythm. She started out at the night sky, light eyes being bewitched by the beauty of the night- in her mind, she was connecting the dots to make a drawing. She drew flowers and a turtle.

She liked it. She doesn't think anything could ruin something special like this, the sound the drapes to her mother's side of the pod made her snapped her neck to the direction. The woman walking out, still looking tired as ever. Arwani just stayed silent to staring at the sky- seeing the woman was rather too sleepy.

She recognized her mother's faces, when she's sleepy the corners of her eyes would be more downwards. When she's mad at her sister, she'd visibly frown and scoff towards Wira- very much directed. When Anaera's mad at her, she wouldn't pull any face but rather make condescending remarks. And when she's mad at anyone else- she'd side-eyed those people and call them idiots.

When her mother's sad, she'd stay silent and get frustrated easily- taking out on the nearest thing or person. When her mother is happy she had a downturned smile, an make remarks that don't hurt.

And for right now, when she's relaxed. She'd do the same thing as Arwani, keep expressionless and drift away- out of touch, kept in the mind.

" Why are you awake? " The woman asks, her voice still hoarse so the girl poured her tea but didn't respond. There was a pause between them, a peaceful comfortable silence they don't commonly get from the pair. It's usually silent treatment and just plain arguing.

To Anaera- she felt nice for once.

" Just . . . things, keeping me awake. " Arwani took another sip, her mother snorted and Arwani looked at her.

" Just things keeping me up, I didn't raise you to be a weakling- you sound like one. " The mother let out a breathy laugh, Arwani could feel the ends of her lips lift up, a small smile gracing her lips.