twenty two. pearlescent

[ chapter twenty-two ]

DISTRESS CRIES RINGED THROUGH THE VILLAGE, Wira's raw cries being the loudest of all

DISTRESS CRIES RINGED THROUGH THE VILLAGE, Wira's raw cries being the loudest of all. The girl sobbing, damping the shoulders belongs to Aonung as he had his own pair of waterworks. His hand rubbed her back comfortably with his voice cooing at her with reassurance.

He own face was damped by the tears. He couldn't look at Arwani's body once they retrieved it back. All severed and wounded that it left the boy to trip in guilt. Letting it swallow him whole.

He cried silently with her, " It's okay. You're alright. "

He let out a shaky breath, cursing the Arwani in mind and remembers how she would stupidly counterattack his remarks with such unique ways and remarks. Her stupid jokes, her stupid reassurance whenever he's sad, her laugh and humour — Aonung wanted to curse at her.

Eyes slowly trailing somewhere else, eyes watching his sister entering his aunt's house to wash the body with tears leaking from her eyes already.

Tsireya on the other side wanted to puke too heavily, staring at the Arwani's lifeless body chruned her stomach.

How someone who was once so alive could be so dead. She hated it. And the girl wished and prayed silently to Eywa to see an inch fo Arwani's chest falling and rising. A distinction to tell she was breathing—

Praying for the colours to return back to her face, praying for her fingers to twitch in the slightest motion. Praying that the elder girl would come back.

The girl having to witness her aunt who hardly showed anyone her true feelings, collapsed to her knees as her hand shaking and weakly went to mend her daughter's dead body. Having to come in and out from the hut for multiple times, as it was disrespectful to cover the dead with your tears and snot.

A burial should be peaceful rather than painful— However it's agonzing to everyone who had missed her.

Her damp lashes batted at the sky with the full star of the skies. On this night, where they had decided to bury Neteyam before her. Looking up at the moon, it staring back silently like a whisper.

The clan gathered around as they preformed the boy's burial first. The mother with sorrow and grief painted onto her midnight blue face— the Sully's all rode to the burial spot to release the body of the teen into the ocean for it to take.

Everyone having this equal numbness to their face, but his father showed it the most. As if death was a repetitive appearance in his life to the point he's accept quite fairly on than others.