twenty one. long story short

[ chapter twenty-one ]

SHE DIDN'T HAVE THE ABILITY TO GRASP ANYTHING IN THAT MOMENT, too many things were shot at her

SHE DIDN'T HAVE THE ABILITY TO GRASP ANYTHING IN THAT MOMENT, too many things were shot at her. She could hear her mother screeching under water. The water muffles her words, as water invades her lungs with a piercing iron tang as the woman begins to suffocate for calling to her own daughter.

And then moving on, the impact her body took made her incredibly weak. Her body aches with so much pain, the stinging on her muscles wrecks her. Not physically, mentally as well. The agony was like stepping on fire stones and the feeling of her flesh being ripped apart.

That alone made her want to cry, she wanted to go insane and scream , to go home. She wanted to sleep in her hammock with peace— staring out towards the sea. The sounds of the water bringing in a warmth.

This time she was surrounded by it, inside the waters where the ocean's waves blocked her hearing and fire agony that purely felt in her arms and body. The parts of her losing it's feelings, losing all hope and as it slowly succumbs to herself falling asleep.

Her body goes extremely numb.

The jolt of her undying spirits brought back a static feeling to the top of her fingers. Slowly parts of her body regaining back it's conscious, as if it were aware of the current dangers that were held in her situation.

Her arms and legs paddled by instinct, the reflex coming in handy her eyes then finally her fingers take in her surroundings.

Still in the depth of waters surrounding the corals, but much further away from the spot where she was hit. The pearlescent sparks shining silver and cold, a rush of chilly waters prickling her skin. She didn't have much air left—

And at the first sight of the net shooting her way, Arwani skillfully swan downawards and avoided the planned ambush. Armed with only her dagger, she knew no chance of her coming out alive from a fight like this would be there.

With adrenaline pump of her heart, pounding erratically in her chest as well as her ears. Arwani became more aware of one thing: she would be needing air quick. The Metkayina girl took the chance to make calls for any of her underwater direhorses— her ilu or Tsurak, but no vibrations, no waves of familiar movement.

Her tail paddled as her arms, held on to the corals. The colourful rocks etching little scratches and cuts on her hands, shifting herself between a few reefs.

Skin colour camouflaging more better in deeper waters. Yes, Arwani's known for her breath-holding skills. It lasted more than others, but she wasn't a God.

Her eyes widened and hatred boiled from the pit of her stomache. Eyes taking in the rage of her heart as she saw the machine demolished countless of life— causing such ruckass, all just to find her and for what?