honey

cw: a little bit of anal towards the end! and its not very well written either so tread w caution shfushfus

—————

Harry loves honey.

Honestly, next to (Y/N), it was his favorite thing to eat. He wanted to put it on everything he could, and there wasn't much he couldn't somehow meander his way into adding it into. He'd always had a sweet tooth growing up, but as soon as he stole away to his cottage and began taking care of himself in every way, including harvesting his own honey through some of the very generous bees who had hives around his meadow, he couldn't help but take it up a level.

It was one of his favorite things to share with (Y/N), as well. While she didn't have quite the same affinity for sweets that he did, she never failed to indulge him and always tried all of his desserts and little treats. There was nothing like tasting honey in her kiss; the nectar would linger over her lips and sweeten every pass of her tongue over his. He wasn't sure if she ever picked up on it, but whenever he made her something with honey added, he had to sneak kisses in while she ate or indulge some as soon as she finished. Even when he added it to their cups of tea, just a hint of the thick substance remaining in the warm liquid was enough to have him all but abandoning the drink in favor of getting every note from her lips and luxuriating in the honey of her kiss.

But, just because he loved it, didn't mean he was very careful with it.

This morning, (Y/N) had woken with him to the sun's rays, their late night together having only ended a handful of hours before. That meant she woke up early and a bit grumpy with an empty stomach, which was something Harry just wouldn't allow to persist. One of his favorite breakfasts to make for her, especially under warm weather, was a crusty slice of a toasted baguette topped with his homemade raspberry preserves, a spread of brie cheese, and a dripping of golden honey all over. The honey and raspberries were his favorite part; sinking into the textured holes of the bread allowed for the brie to hit his tongue first, buttery and thick before the tart raspberries and the bright honey cut through it like sunshine pouring through open windows. It helped that (Y/N) loved it just as much from the way she requested it when she knew he had everything on hand to prepare the meal.

Harry couldn't lie and say he wasn't distracted as he brought together (Y/N)'s breakfast this morning. He could feel her eyes on his back as he worked, only a pair of boxers snug against his hips with the rest of his sun-bathed skin on display for his lover. But, knowing that if he looked over his shoulder, he'd find the rest of his outfit—really just an oversized Woodstock t-shirt he'd bought from the back of someone's van at the festival—adorning his Flame and nothing else, was the real distraction. It had been storming all night, leaving something special in the air that stung Harry's system and had him good and ready for hours on end last night. He was lucky just the memory of it all wasn't getting him hard, so knowing (Y/N) was sitting pretty behind him with her legs folded underneath her was the biggest test to keep his focus.

Though, when his jar of honey was knocked over, spilling some of the nectar over the rim, Harry realized he'd failed the test.

"H, did you spill it again?" (Y/N) giggled from behind him, voice still dredged with sleep though her laughter felt brighter than the sun.

"No," he lied, obvious in the way he elongated the word and stepped in front of her view of the mess.

"Yes, you did," she pressed, another peal of her laughter filling his cottage. That made this whole mess worth it; sticky flannel and hot water burning his fingertips and all.

"Oh, hush," he scolded her though the words lost their grit through his smile, "'M making y'breakfast even after y'woke up all grumpy on me, and this is how y'thank me?"