high

"But 'm gonna miss you, sunshine."

Harry's pout only deepened when (Y/N) breathed out a laugh at his words. She had been trying to convince him to go out with her roommate's boyfriend all week, telling Harry he needed to get used to more people than only her. It's not like he didn't like Mitch, it was just hard to leave his Flame when she's the one person he was completely comfortable around. He also wasn't lying when he said he would miss her.

"I'll miss you too, H, but I think you'll have a lot of fun," she reasoned, shuffling closer to Harry as they laid in her bed. He was quick to wrap his arm around her middle and pull her closer to him, tangling his legs with hers and touching their foreheads together. Laying here with the soft glow of her fairy lights all around them, and the gentle fragrance of the potted flower garden he was nurturing on her windowsill perfuming the air, it made it all that much easier for Harry to decide to stay in with her.

"I have the most fun with you," he spoke quietly, trying his best to win her over. His nose nudged hers as he tilted his head and placed a sweet kiss on her bottom lip. She smiled in response, doing her best to pucker her lips and reciprocate his kiss.

"Harry, please? I just want you to be more comfortable with everyone, not just me," she said after pulling back, "Besides, Mitch and everyone really like you. They think you're really funny."

A beat of silence passed, Harry's eyes nervously scanning her face.

"Really?"

"Really."

"...Okay," Harry caved, sighing his response, "What time?"

(Y/N) smiled at his words, surging forward and planting a kiss on his cheek in praise. "Said they could be here at about eight to pick you up."

"'Kay," Harry said, his voice quiet. He didn't want to be clingy or overbearing, but not being with (Y/N) in a public place like a bar or wherever they planned to take him tonight, was something that gave him more anxiety than he cared to admit. "You'll be here afterwards, right?"

"Course, honey," she reassured him, running her fingers through his curls. "Sarah and I were gonna have a little movie night and do face masks and all of that."

Harry silently nodded his head, tipping his chin forward and slotting his lips against her's. He was seeking comfort in the familiarity of her touch, feeling his anxiety lessen with each pass of her fingers in his hair and press of their lips.

Eventually, (Y/N) drew back first, her fingers still gently twirling through his hair. "So, what are you going to wear?"

Oh, the ideas Harry had.

—————

Harry took his time dressing as eight o'clock approached, playing record after record he had brought along with him to (Y/N)'s apartment. He had just finished playing Voices by Hall and Oates, adjusting the needle to replay You Make My Dreams when (Y/N) walked in.

"Oh, you look nice. I like the sweater," she complimented upon seeing his outfit, a genuine smile on her face. Harry felt his cheeks heat at her words, his hands absently smoothing out his red sweater vest. The sleeves of his paisley printed undershirt were loose at the cuffs, something he had conjured up when he agreed to tonight's plans along with the bell bottomed jeans on his legs.

"Y'think so?" he questioned, his bottom lip trapped between his teeth to contain his smile.

"Definitely, H. Makes me wish I was going with you." (Y/N) stepped forward, her socked feet falling short of meeting the tips of Harry's matching red boots before reaching up and wrapping her arms around his neck.