lingerie

"I have a surprise for you!"

Harry snapped his head over his shoulder, his curls flopping across his forehead. He had only been at (Y/N)'s apartment for a full five minutes before she bubbled the news off to him as he flicked through the records he kept in her room. He found her kicking her door closed gently behind her with her hands hidden behind her back. She wore an excited smile on her lips that he was sure he was mimicking on his own face.

He loved surprises.

"What is it?" he asked, abandoning the baby blue crate that held his delicate vinyls. His flowery fingernails picked at the full of his bottom lip, his nerves animated over the speculation of what her surprise could be.

"Close your eyes," she bounced, her eyes bright like the sunny glow that inspired his nickname for her.

Harry quickly fluttered his eyes closed, his lashes resting against his cheekbones. She directed him further, asking for Harry to lay his hands out palm up. A small smile rested on his features as he waited. Her own fingertips gently brushed against his open hands, laying a somewhat heavy object that spanned across both of his palms.

"Don't drop it," she laughed, watching as his hands stuttered under the unexpected weight. She waited another breath before she spoke with a smile in her voice, "Okay, open."

Harry blinked his eyes open in a flash, darting down to the gift in his hands. It looked to be more of a camera than the one (Y/N) had on the back of her cell phone, more of what he was used to before her.

A large lens was stationed in the front of the camera, with a light for flash right beside it. A rainbow streak ran along the back. The base was colored a bright yellow with a slot for the photographs to slide out and develop. Polaroid was printed in grey font on the front, memories rushing back to Harry in a matter of seconds at the word.

"Y'got me a camera?" he beamed, his heart swelling in his chest. He'd been missing his camera ever since (Y/N) walked into his clearing all that time ago; so many moments since then he wished he had something to document the scene and keep with him forever.

"Yeah," she sighed, her hands clasped in from of her as she excited stood awaiting his reaction, "I know you like mine, but now you have your own for when I'm not there."

Harry didn't like to think about the moments where (Y/N) wouldn't be with him, but he was excited to think of all the things he could take pictures of in her absence. He wanted to show her the way Bonnie let him put flowers on her head while she slept, and how Dandelion had started to get used to sleeping on his chest now that the nights were turning colder. He wanted to show her the way the flowers sang for him in the mornings and the prisms that glinted across the river due to the sparkling rocks laid along the bottom. He couldn't wait to show her more of the world she missed when his heart was with her while the rest of him was away.

"Sunshine," he sighed the pet name, cradling the camera to his chest before wrapping his arm around her waist and tugging her form to him. He buried his face in her hair, inhaling the cherry scent of her shampoo. She fell into his hold, her own arms looping around his middle. He dusted warming kisses along her hairline, his nose skimming the strands.

"Thank you," he cooed to her, slowly walking himself backwards until his knees hit the edge of her bed and he fell back with her atop him.

He gently tossed his new camera aside, the object bouncing into a tuft of her strawberry lemonade swirled comforter. He used his now free arm to match his other around her waist, (Y/N)'s own limbs wrapping around his neck as she pulled herself to straddle his thighs.

"You like it?" she asked, a soft nervousness to her eyes as they met his. Around her, a tinge of a jittery purple aura haloed her while the rest of the space was filled with soft, baby pinks and optimistic yellows. Harry's sure his own was just the pink, feeling only love for his flame as he gazed up at her.