Staying Aware

Staying aware. You may be wondering, "When are we going to learn methods!?!?!" Well, in my opinion, if you try a method before at least reading these other chapters, nothing is going to happen. Let alone for long. Because if you manage to lucid dream... where do you go from there?

And more importantly, how do you keep from falling back into that idle position? The ultimate goal is to stay observant. This is a dream, and you are in control.

For me, the moment after I realise I'm in a dream, I yell at the top of my lungs "THIS IS A DREAM!" And I swear, it will raise your awareness 1000%. I did this the first time I lucid dreamed, and I could literally feel myself blink. It was crazy- it felt like I was there. Then, I decided to jump and fly because why not, right?

So do that. No one will hear you in real life, for all that it feels you are yelling. Create a plan, whether super detailed or a list of to-do's, for things you want to do when you lucid dream. The first step? Yell how you are in a dream.

From that point on, you'll start to gain a sense of the environment. You'll learn quickly what works best for you, and even what you prefer to do over other things. Use the world as your guide, and if you feel yourself drifting- remind(shout) to yourself that you are in control.

Don't be surprised if you cannot stay lucid for very long the first time. Like any skill, you have to practice. It's not a matter of tapping your heels to change from the conscious to unconscious world. You have to practice, learn, and hone your skills. But it is worth it, trust me.

Thanks for reading!