1: 8

Eighteen Years earlier

She stared at the tv, it played old reruns of training videos and fights all on vhs. The screen reflected in her eyes as she scanned all their moves and looked heavily for their errors. It was common for her to spend Friday night, hell, every night like this. Plopped in front of a tv, watching fights over and over again. She never understood why she had to spend so much time watching it, her mom never explained it.

"Take it in my precious" Her father would say, stroking her shoulder as he watched the videos. "One day, that'll be you. Fighting, taking, securing" She leaned into his hold, humming in acknowledgment. Her parents were contractors, her father was known as King Cobra. He was responsible for multiple political figures deaths, the latest being the newly elected DA of Joshutana County. The King typically only did jobs that paid well, putting his moral code aside just for the money. But the DA? He was sticking his nose too far in her father's shit.

Normally, her father would leave his signature kill. The carving of two holes in the neck of his victims to look like snake bites. But he had to be subtle, no matter how much it hurts him.

But her mother was the complete opposite. Currently known as The Cobra Queen but formerly known Claws, she did your typical snatch and grab. At first it was for greed and selfishness, but it progressed when she met The King. They ran into each other during a job, both for different reasons but they wanted the same thing. But, they fell in love during the final battle and hadn't left each other since.

Her father and mother gave birth to her older brother, normally known as The Son of the Cobra, officially known as Serpentine. He was born with two different colored eyes, their mother always said that one eye was to see the person and the other was to know who they are. She was never wrong, Serpentine grew up always being able to read people but also the weight of knowing someone was lying was often too much to bear with his emotions.

He would get angry, and often black out. He doesn't remember his first kill at all actually, he just remembers waking up covered in blood and his mother holding him in her lap. She whispered praises to him as their father cleaned up the body. He was scared of himself for a while, but he grew to channel that fear into something else.

As she laid against her father's leg, watching the tall six foot six man fall onto his knees, he stroked her hair. "You'll be able to take down guys as tall and big as that" He promised, moving her thick curls behind her ear. "But for now my precious, I want you to watch and just listen okay?" Her green eyes never left the screen once, she was capatived in the blood running from the man's mouth. "Yes Baba" She said sweetly, she brought her stuffed lion to her chest. She never understood the reason why her father was the way he was with her until she was much, much more older.