4. 15(2)

Eleven Years Earlier

One day after the hit

If it's one thing about her father, he could be super easy to read. The only reason she knew this was because Serpentine taught her the basics, the facial expressions, down to the simple mannerisms. But besides that, Serpentine was trying to calm him but failing miserably. The grown man was only growing with anger, his hands gripping the air. "Drew, What's wrong?" Her father snapped his head towards his wife standing at the top of the staircase. She held her cheetah print robe closed as she raised her eyebrow to face the commotion downstairs. "He fucked us!" He shouted out, pointing his finger angrily at her mother. "F-U-C-K Fucked!!" "Wait, huh?" She sat up from her position on the couch, looking up at her mother then her father. "How?!" "He cut contact, he refused to give us the money" Her father was shaking as he paced around the room.

Now, she knew her father. He can't think rationally while he's angry, it's physically impossible for him to do so. "Baba, Breath" She makes her way over to him, "It's okay, we just need to call and talk to him right?" She turned to her other family members and they nodded alongside her. "Hand me the phone" Her mother walked down the staircase, hand held out for the flip phone. Her father handed her mother the phone, the room filled with anticipation as her mother dialed the number.

She put the phone on speaker as it rang, five long seconds before it finally picked up.

"Hello." It was him, he never answers his own phone.

"Ivan." Her mother said sternly, her voice had venom within it as she held her robe tightly.

"Lashawn, It's been awhile. Why are you calling my phone?" They could hear him tapping his finger on a table. "You people are truly just trouble"
"You people?" Her mother scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Where is my money, Ivan?" She doesn't know why she felt her heart drop hearing her mother use his actual name. Only close known associates of the White Death know his name, the fact that her mother is so casually name dropping it made her nervous.

"Watch that tongue Lashawn," The man on the phone says sternly, his fist was heard slamming on a table. "Job was easy enough for you all, you don't need the ten" Her father snatches the phone from her mother in a rage filled fit. "You listen here! You will regret not giving us our money! Hand it over!"

"Will I?" He said amusely. "I never seen a bunch of ungrateful negros. Not all get paid a two million dollar deposit" The air was thick with tension, her father was gripping the phone. He could crush it if he wanted too. "Last chance." Her father squeezed those words out his teeth, the man on the phone only chuckled.

"Goodbye, Andrew."

The man hung up the phone, the family sat in silence. "Well, shit" Her Brother ran his hands through his hair. "The fuck now?" "Language" Her Mother says, turning to face her husband. "Andrew, Let it go. It's not worth it" She touches the side of his face, gazing up into his blue eyes. "Please." "..." He took a deep breath, pulling his wife closer by the waist. "Let's just go to bed, please" Lashawn nods, grabbing his arm and leading him upstairs to the bedroom.

She sat back on the couch, sinking into it. She couldn't believe it, they got fucked over. She dryly swallows, she couldn't stop thinking about him. He's probably laughing it up, laughing at them while drinking with his buddies. She grips her fist and stood up, walking over to the old vhs player. She goes through the old tapes and CDs, tossing the ones she didn't to the side until she found it. Tape number 1,000, Russian Blue.

She plops the tape in the player and placed her back against the couch, it's been awhile, it really has. Nothing was really pushing her as of late, until now. See the white death knock all his opponents on the ground, the way he's still undefeated, and especially the way he fucked over her family.

Her green eyes stared at him fight, he was a brute, a titan. Her tongue ran across her lips, she was becoming intrigued by him. "Could you take him?" She heard the faint voice of her father say. "Soon." She mumbles underneath her breath, her hands cupping in front of her lap once again.

"Very very soon."