Payback (Mayor x Syntax)

A/N: I'm trying to familiarize myself, with the ship so see this more as practice.

Although, I'm still recovering so I'm taking it slow :v

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

The male sat alone, flickering through the numerous amounts of channel on screen over and over again, before finally turning off the television seeing as nothing suited his taste or peeked his interest.

He sat down for a couple of minutes, staring at the blank screen, and twirled, a strand of dark blue locks, contemplating what he should even eat for dinner.

It was obnoxious, being a human being now, His demonic essence was taken up dry by his Mistress, which left him, a vessel of his former glory.

Even with his sacrifice, for his lady, They were still defeated by those pesky simpletons.

Cursing only the past, He stubbornly managed to stand and stroll, over to the kitchen, His facial expression twitching , wanting to know what was inside the fridge so the growling in his humane stomach would finally be silent.

Being human, meant having to eat.
Not eating, meant having to deal with stomach grumbling and sharp headache pains.

The male crouched down and opened the fridge with a slight pull,  and placed his hand inside, rummaging  over to the various containers , His blue eyes scanned the containers before, his smile turned sharper, wider from ear to ear.

It was all empty.

He closed the fridge, placing his right arm on his stomach and frowned,  His usual calm demeanor changed and was replaced with frustration seeing as there was nothing to eat and his stomach  growled loudly, It annoyed him greatly.

The 'demon', decied to skip dinner for now even if his stomach protested, Money was tight for an ex-mayor like him, where buying a piece of ramen would make him broke and seeing as his pay was still next week, It didn't help him in the current situation he was in.

Back then, He didn't need cash to survive.

Everything, was handed to him by a silver platter, or in a specific sense, took advantage of his power to raise to the top.

"Seems like destiny, had other plans" The man, could only hum,  not only loosing both the battle, his mistress but also the position of being Mayor, of these Town.

He settled, on working in a call center that way, His speaking mannerism, made ir essier for the ghostly male to have more clients—although, was sure someone was doxxing his pay but couldn't pinpoint who.

Thinking about it made him slam the refrigerator door again, knowing how ungrateful this town was, even with his years filled with fruitful effort, as being the Greatest Mayor ever.

He was replaced!

Nobody ever congratulated him, nor attempted to thank him.

Not, even coming by, his run down apartment to give him a warm meal

With a loud sigh, He stood up, in a slouched position and was gonna walk to his 'bedroom' but stopped in his tracks  when he heard the sound of the doorbell

Since he was still irritated and hungry, his steps were heavy and audible from a mile away when stomping over there, but his trademark wide grin was still plastered on his face as usual.

The man opened it with a light tug and not much force. Hearing it creak wasn't satisfying at all, cringing at the sound before sticking his head out, and glanced around. Perplexed that no one was here, he muttered some cursed words and assumed that this was a joke.

Before shutting the door, the man looked down and saw a black box with a note sticking on the side, under his foot. He looked at it for a moment before bending over and reaching out a pale hand to grab it. He then returned to his normal position before quietly shutting the door. His frustration was replaced with curiosity.

The ex-demon was leaning against the door, its white paint peeling, and there was a faint odor of rotting wood, but the man didn't give a damn about its appearance or smell; all of his attention was on the tiny black box.

He didn't pay much attention to the exteriors of the black box, as his bright blue eyes eyed the sticky note, and tore it off, for him to read.

As soon as his eye, laid contact on the contents. The demon, dropped the box to the floor, it was metallic, clanking on the floor, and chipping off the wooden planks.

It was a metal, black box.

Angry on what he read, thinking that this was just a sick joke! But that feeling seen converted into an anxious feeling, and more as each second passed thinking that the person who sent him this was really 'him' but than he told himself ,  this was all just a cruel prank from some dumb kid, He hoped it was

His long, and skeleton like fingers, crimpled the paper, desperately hoping that this was just a mere, cruel joke.

====================

Dear Mayor.

       °I'm, unsure if that's actually your name. You really know how to keep your information very confidental so I'll applaud you for that. Aside from that minor setback.

A full year has passed. Even though, Time is merely just a concept in our realms, I couldn't stop myself from counting all the seconds, until this letter was supposedly, delivered to your doorstep.

We could see each other again.

I shall admit, My cooking skills, and my knowledge in food isn't as refined, as your Lady...

◕ᴗ

◕ᴗ

◕ᴗ

He paused for a moment, It felt as if the words were written, with ink, not regular ink, but the ones with, harmful chemical hammered and smashed into it.

◕ᴗ

◕ᴗ

◕ᴗ

I'm do hoping you'd eat the meal I've prepared, and enjoy how much effort I put in for you.

Make sure not to leave any leftovers.

After you're done eating, Wear the nicest outfit that you own, like that formal outfit you wore during our first interaction.

All you wear is suits, so it might be not much of a problem.

It gets lonely down here and I decided to take you, I can't bear to stay here without you anymore

Truly Yours,
Syntax

-----

But he's dead..

The Mayor personally murdered this man, It was more of a favor as the doctor, was a man that turned into a spider creature, against their own will.

That still begs the question, What place, would be referring too?

Or was this payback?

There, was some sort of container, It was clear, and he swirled it around, refusing to even eat whatever's inside.

He wasn't a picky eater, but that meal looked like a failed potion, and had the most ugliest shade of green.

His usual expression stayed, not uttering a single sound as the cool air brushed against his slightly pale skin.

The, black haired man, felt a tingle in his spine as something caressed him from behind.

An opaque blue apparition, protruding from the doors, reaching for his chest, grasping anything as if trying to pull him.

He felt, other claw like hands, intertwine with his human like fingers now.

More, spider like hands held his face from behind, it's clawed fingers sticking into his mouth, playing with the tongue with saliva dripping down his mouth, coating the fingers, unabling him from ever screaming.

"Are you ready?"