The Princess and the Rogue Prince

Princess Rhaenyra, excited at the return of her favorite uncle, lost no time in spending hours in his company. On his return, they raced together on dragonback and landed on the lonely isle of rocks in Blackwater Bay. They sat on the edge, looking calmly at the vast ocean in front of them. Caraxes and Vhagar quietly lay across each other, with the hoary old dragon taking up most of the space in the rocks. Vhagar's tail hung at the edge of the rocks, touching deep into the water for the area could not accommodate the monstrous size of the old she-dragon.

It was a sight to behold, seeing two great beasts nestled against each other atop a pile of rocks. The story, however, of how Princess Rhaenyra claimed and bonded with the late Queen Visenya's monstrous beast is best told at a later time along with its true rider in Rhaenyra's dream.

Breaking the silence, Daemon asked, "Anyone caught your eye?" looking at her straight in the eye, eagerly awaiting her answer.

"Laenor." Rhaenyra replied and they both share a laugh.

As Prince Daemon aptly observed, the Princess has grown mature and more beautiful in the years of his absence. Yet glad was he that she still retained the glint of youthful mischievousness in her.

"You almost deceived me, princess, I thought you might have become my brother. I am relieved you have not lost your sense of humor."

"My father has plenty of humor. He just doesn't quite share yours."

Leaning in closer as if sharing a secret, Rhaenyra added, "Provocation is not one of them."

Daemon chose not to answer and simply snickered.

"Laenor is a good man and a fine warrior. But I'm surprised you haven't noticed a knight of the kingsguard eye fucking you."

Daemon was never one for propriety and never bothered expurgating his words even in front of his niece.

Rhaenyra looked at him, askance. She tilted her head, squinting at her uncle.

"Crispin Cole."

Rhaenyra pondered her uncle's words very briefly. It wasn't possible. Could it? She distinctly remembered that dream she had of how her life would unfold. In that dream, Criston Cole spurned her advances when she confessed her love and asked him to bed her before she wedded, for he was truest to his oath before his own feelings. But that was in the dream where she chose him to be by her side day and night. In her waking present, Criston Cole was nothing but a combat tutor.

"Ser CRISTON," Rhaenyra emphasized the name in correcting Daemon, "is an honorable knight of the kingsguard."

"Every man is as honorable as a beast when in front of the woman they lust for."

Turning towards Rhaenyra, the prince said, "I hear he is your combat tutor. Has his breath never hitched whenever you are in his presence? Has he not had any instance of swallowing his spit hard whenever he speaks alone with you? Has he not been flushed whenever your skin would touch as he pretends to strangle you, or you straddling him while you aim a sword at his neck? Has his heart not beaten fast whenever he is close to you... like this?"

At the last rhetoric, Daemon slowly slithered his free hand to the princess' waist until he reached the other edge and pulled her closer to him.

Daemon continued, "he may not declare protestations of love to you but a man such as him has desires, and the urge to fuck is strong in youth."

As if they were not close enough, Daemon leaned closer towards Rhaenyra and whispered, "Soon enough you'll understand that fucking is a pleasure, princess."

Only the sound of the waves and the soft whines of the two dragons could be heard as the princess and the prince looked straight at each other's eyes in silence. Prince Daemon switched gaze and looked at the princess soft red lips very briefly before gazing back into her eyes once more. The princess would do as much.