The Duke's sons

Penelope just nodded.

Knock!

Knock!

Knock!

Cale knocked at the Duke Eckart's office door three times. He saw Penelope practically hiding behind him.

Cale understood her situation.

Being from a commoner family, a family that had no family name, after her mother died , she was adopted at the age of twelve because of her appearance which matched so much with Yvone Eckart. It was normal for someone in that age being scared of the new things.

"Duke, we are Cale and Penelope. May we come in?" Cale asked with his cheerful voice and saw how Penelope shrieked once. Her eyes wide and round. Cale gave her a bright eye-smile and said to her, "It's okay, Pen. Everything's going to be fine. Just trust me, ok?" 

"Fine . I'll trust you Cale." Penelope replied, a small nervous smile playing on her lips. Cale also smiled at this. He was confident because he knew what was going to happen.

The air that surrounded them became darker and heavier as Duke Eckart told them to come in. 

ok, here goes nothing.

Cale held Penelope's hand and pushed the costly wooden door open. It was looking like Penelope finally could relax a bit.

Cale didn't know this Penelope's past as she now had a twin sibling.

He didn't know how the relationship between this Penelope and her twin was in the past but considering the fact that how she would agree with him whole heartedly and talk with him fondly could only meant one thing that they had a good relationship and Cale,too , had to put up a nice act with her and their surrounding people 'til he gets the massage regarding whether he could act on his free will then.

The lives of Penelope he saw, he could not find Penelope having any other sibling except her step-brothers and a step-sister who came back again. 

 They went inside of the room. Cale noticed the decorations of the room and the paperworks on the Duke's table. Ah, of course. How could he forget that being the duke they would have to do many paperworks. 

After taking a look at the children, the duke stood up from his chair and walked up to them. 

The tension slightly was gone as the duke broke the uncomfortable silence between them. "Oh, so you two are here. It's good to see you guys. Did you feel comfortable?" He asked Penelope and Cale.

Seeing Penelope was opening her mouth to say something, Cale decided to stay quiet. He had to make sure she made decisions for herself. 

Yes, sure he was transported there to save her  from the death routes, but it didn't change the fact that Penelope had to make the decisions which would be good for her, herself.

The only thing he could do was to stand by the young girl and help her throughout the dangerous paths she was going to come across.

"We did great, thank you for asking us." , Penelope replied putting on a small smile on her lips.

"You can call me father." His gaze turned to Cale. "You too, Cale." He was smiling, Cale noticed.

"Okay... father."

Yes, father."

Duke Eckart patted their shoulders and said," I called you here so that you can meet with your elder brothers and have lunch with us."

"Ok, father! Thank you ." Cale began his sunshine act again. His scamming grin was dancing on his lips.

"It's fine, Cale. Let's not wait anymore." The duke told them to follow where he was going. 

Arriving there, Cale saw a dining table which was decorated with very delicious meals. But, it couldn't be better Beacrox's food, could it? Two another figures could be seen coming inside the dining room.

Two boys, one of them was the exact copy of Duke Eckart but just in little form and the other one had a dazzling shade of pink hair and blue eyes. 

Cale remembered them. This two were Penelope's step-brothers who despised her. The light pink haired boy was Reynold Eckart who was responsible for Penelope's death few-most of the time. Cale didn't notice it but inspecting the boy, Cale's warm smile had become cold like ice.

His cold gaze got unnoticed by everyone inside the room except one person, it was Derrick Eckart.

Derrick Eckart, the future heir of Eckart family, the one and only ducal family of Inka Empire, was notified by his butler  that his father wanted to have lunch with him and his brother and also said that he would like to show them something.

It had been quite a while they had lunch together. 

Even if they did it together, something was still missing from their heart. Unsatisfied, the meal would come to an end without a word spoken between him and his father, it was only Reynold who would make small fuss, but in the end it was silent. A very uncomfortable silence. 

He met with his brother while coming near the dining hall. They decieded to go to the room together.  

Upon arriving, he saw two figures standing beside their father. A girl whose appearance was so much like their missing sister, Yvone and the other one was a boy who looked exactly like the girl. He put on a thin line on his lips as he saw the little boy's warm smile had gone cold. He was surprised that none of them noticed it but himself.

They can be interesting.

He saw the confused look on his brother's face. He also didn't understand anything that was happening until Duke Eckart broke the jar of suspense.

"They are your new siblings." Derrick could see how Reynold's face lost it's color. "Penelope Eckart and Cale Eckart. Treat them with love and respect." He turned to Cale and Penelope. " Cale, Penelope they are your elder brothers. Derrick Eckart and Reynold Eckart, say hi to them." Duke gestured them to greet the brothers.

It was the girl who greeted first. "H-Hello, my name is Penelope , I hope we get along well." She stuttered a little. Ah, so she is just a exchange for our sister? She continued, " -and this is my twin brother."

He then looked at 'Cale'. He was surprised to see the cold gaze he gave towards he gave towards Reynold was replaced by warm look again. Derrick felt the urge to chuckle but it didn't quite match with his personality so he put that thought behind of his head.

"As my sister told, my name is Cale! It's nice to meet you , brothers." 

This boy is certainly interesting.

Cale found himself standing on the garden which was full of many lively and lovely flowers and tress. The wind blew past him and his sister.

Penelope was standing beside him fidgeting with her fingers to calm herself down. This two brother especially Reynold was giving them vicious gazes from the start while Derrick was simply staring at them as if he was inspecting them.

this punks..!

"Hey, you!" He pointed at Penelope. She flinched. Wait, it was starting now? Cale prepared himself for what was coming. "Don't try to come near us as we don't like you one bit. You can't ever replace our sister's place in this household." 

Cale was about to slap this immature boy as he remembered what that GoD said. 

he couldn't use violence towards them, for now. He has to fight using his sweet talking now. 

The atmosphere changed as Cale opened his mouth.

Noticing Cale's absence, Raon shook the entire house by saying where his human was.

They started to look for their ex-commander who was now missing. After some time, the message about the Crown Prince of Roan kingdom's missing had also reached their ears.

Cale and Alberu both were missing. What happened to them? The only entity they could ask this question to was none other than the God of Death himself.  So that's what they did.