...

Previously...

Cale noticed that Penelope could not talk more than what the hologram says.

Welp, that's a problem...

***

Continuation...

Cale's eyes wandered off to the page which was on the table beside Penelope. He looked at it curiously, not beginning to hide that he was watching the paper.

He could see some words but as it was some far, he could only make out the scribbles which was probably done to cut it out of the list.

Penelope, who had been lowering her head and had been fidgetting with her fingers, finally took some bravery in her heart and decided to look into the eyes of the person in front her.

She was confused when she saw that Cale's eyes had not been on her but rather on something beside her.

On the table... She thought to herself.

Following where her supposedly brother's eyes were, she froze completely.

He was looking at the paper.

Cale was looking at the paper where she had wrote the names of the 'Target Characters".

Upon seeing that Cale would probably make out the names with no time, she quickly put the hand on the paper to hide the names.

Cale looked back at her with curiosity visible in his eyes.

"What are those, Penelope?"

Penelope flinched when she heard her name being called. Cale had never called her full name if the case was not that serious.

"N-nothing!" Dang it! Why did I stutter?!

Cale looked at her with an unimpressed expression which clearly screamed , I don't believe you.

Well.. Let's not ask her about that, then.

Cale thought. He did not want to stick his nose into whatever business Penelope had been doing anyway.

He was just curious.

Cale really wanted to help Penelope to live better than before but he also wanted to raise her confidence that she could do it herself. She did not need anyone to depend on.

Cale was going to help her from the backstage. The Star of the stage was Penelope herself.

***

The God of Death really was regretting the choice of his which was to acend upon his 'Daughter's' body. Because now he could see Cale, his 'son's' so called found family was glaring at him with no mercy.

Did he even have his dignity at this point? He doesn't want to know.

"Where is Cale-nim?" The first person to ask this question coldly was none other that God of War's favorite human, Choi Han.

"Well.. You see.. He is in a mission."

The answer was not taken lightly by the other people of this room and their glare only got more worse than before.

"Do not worry as the dear Emperor will be with him to help him out. Besides, he has been sent there to help his 'sister'."

All hell broke loose in that last sentence.

Cale had a sister?! Yes, they knew about Lily Henituse, but he did not have anymore sisters..? Then which sister was this GoD talking about?

Raon, being the mighty dragon he was, shouted angrily at the God.

"I want to go to my human! Do something!"

The God looked at them
unimpressed.

"He is not in a big trouble or something like that with White Star. He is there to create more than one path to stay alive to someone. In fact, he is even considering her as a new found family member.-" God of Death thought something for a minute before saying thoughtfully.

"-and if this is about the emperor, then... He might be doing good too. Hmm, now that I think about it-"

Someone cut his talking off and said, " Does Cale-nim still have his ancient powers? Because if something bad happens, then he would be able to at least protect himself."

"- I am thinking about giving his powers back one by one by him completing some tasks. The more task he does, the more ancient powers he will get back."

Some of them looked relieved at his words while some people still wore a concerned expression.

"How about we go there one by one and make sure he is doing okay?" This suggestion came from the owner of the magic tower, Rosalyn.

"Hmm! I might consider if you all don't make too fuss about it. You will be going in that world one by one and whenever the given time runs out, you will be back. You happy?"

Raon was about to argue that he and his siblings would be with his human forever, but Ohn explained to him slowly that it was better than nothing at all.

Choi Han noticing the expressions of other people present in the room decided to speak up.

"We agree."

"Good! At first, I am going to send the three children because Cale misses them very much."

The said children visibly turned brighter than before. Before they could even express their joy fully, they found themselves falling into a void.

***

It seemed that Lady Fate really was cruel with him as even though he was not in his own universe, he still had to do paperwork here too.

Alver-now Albert started massaging his head.

He stood up and went to the balcony nearest to him. The balcony was very high. He could smell the fragrances of the spring flowers. This made him feel more comfortable.

He stared at the sky with unreadable expression. How did he end up here?

Because of God of Death, of course.

He still remembered how he got himself here. He got a vision from GoD and then all the explanations and then he found himself as the youngest prince of the Inka Empire.

A beloved prince who was not only favoured on by people but also his supposed 'Big Brother', Callisto Regullus, the tyrant crown prince.

Even though , he would like to argue with all the world because of the last statement. He was not a tyrant,just a person who was misunderstood.

The God of Death also told him about Cale coming here too... But Albert was aware of his identity already and supposed that Cale  did not know that he was here.

Well, he looks forward to meet that problematic ex-commander,his 'dongsaeng'.

He smiled a bit.

***

+
For a special circumstance, you will be given your ancient powers as you make progress through Penelope's life. You will be to gather all your ancient powers if you complete the tasks.
+

He looked at the flying hologram in front of his eyes annoyedly.

If looks could kill, the God of Death would been the one to die.

---––––––––––

A/N: Finally, the chapter is complete!

First of all, I want to thank you guys for such positive comments on the last chapter! Gosh, I thought that you guys will be very mad at me for taking such a long time to upload a new chapter.

But seeing you guys' comments, it really made my day! Thank you very much!

Question : Can you guys guess which nationality I belong to? 👀