─Chapter Twenty One

Story: The Titans of Secrets
Chapter Twenty One: Falling For The Plan

"Ready?"

"At your command, Miss."

"Teleport us!" Darkness surrounded her vision before she started blinking rapidly due to the sensitive light. When her eyes adjusted to the brightness, she looked around and nodded at her partner. "Constant Vigilance, Shade. Call me if you spot something suspicious." Shade nodded and they each took off with their broomsticks to their spots.

After almost ten minutes of waiting without any movement, Dragonfly circled the air in hopes to find Confusion or 16. She sighed when she found no traces. Just when she was about to resume her place on top of Flourish and Blotts, she saw a blue robed figure cross the street to an alleyway. Without a second thought, she sent a signal to Shade and mounted her broomstick.

Grazing the air above the robed figure, she came to a stop in front of him, wand pointed dangerously. The man's eyes widened and he immediately put his hands up in surrender. "I am a messenger from DMLE, here to convey an emergency SOS to the aurors and the hit wizards! I have nothing to do with the attacks!" he exclaimed and showed her his identity card just as Shade landed behind him.

"I'm sorry," Dragonfly apologized and Shade looked at her quizzically. "What's the emergency? We are part of the team as well."

"Hogwarts is under attack."

____________

Dragonfly and Shade teleported back to Hogwarts to see a huge chaos taking place right in front of their eyes. The atmosphere was rapidly changing. The sky was orange with dull, rainbearing clouds scattered around the infinite space. Several students were hurrying past each other into the castle and several others were shouting for their siblings and friends. The staff were scattered, some concentrating on putting up the defense.

"It was a ploy as I suspected!" Shade urged. Dragonfly's mind had long since gone mute. She had committed yet another big mistake which cost the life of the residents of Hogwarts. "Miss Fly! DRAGONFLY!" Shade's constant shouts pulled her back to the reality and she bit back the tears forming in her eyes and shook her head hopelessly. His face turned worried.

"You have got to stop this, Shade. I'm not fit for this job. I'm sorry. . . I should have listened to you. . . Someone else will replace me. I'm sorry!" she apologized before mounting her broom and flying away from the shouting Unspeakable. She could still hear his agonized bellows of her name, calling her back desperately but she could not muster up the courage to go back and help him. She knew she'd fail again. What kind of a Gryffindor am I?

When Dragonfly got into the seventh year girls' dorms, she quickly detransformed and ran out to find another worthy witch who would make a better Unspeakable than her.

_____________

Ginny ran through the incoming crowds, elbowing her way through the underttering people. With beads of sweat flowing down her forehead, she ran down the Marble Staircase and to the Hogwarts grounds, her eyes seeking untammable bushy hair.

Upon reaching the grounds, she started shouting out for her best friend. A first year fell down on his way into the castle so she helped him stand up. She urged the boy to leave as a loud rumble was heard.

"CAREFUL!" a loud shriek alerted her and before she could turn around she was pushed to the ground, a heavy weight on her back. She tried to squirm away before she saw a cloaked hand. The weight lifted off her and she got up gingerly to look into the green eyes of Shade; she could see the despair in them. She wheeled around to see the place where she was standing, just a few seconds ago, to see that a huge crater had been burnt into the flat, grassy land. "Are you alright?" Shade asked. Ginny nodded.