Chapter 22

No one pov:

Athanasia was looking through the invitations she had gotten. One of them caught her eye. It was an invitation from a duke's daughter. She met her at the banquet. She was a very nice and kind girl.

"Lilly." Athanasia said.

"Yes princess?" Lilly asked.

"Help me get ready."

"You're going somewhere princess?"

"Yep I am going to Lady Ellie's party."

"I see."

After Athanasia got ready she went to Lucas's room

After Athanasia got ready she went to Lucas's room. Izekeil and Lucas were talking when Athanasia knocked on the opened door. They both looked at her.

"Hey Athanasia." Izekeil and Lucas said.

"Hey guys." Athanasia said.

"What brings you here?" Lucas asked.

"Well I am going to Lady Ellie's party so I want Lucas to go with me as my date."

"Sure."

"Oh man I am going to be bored now." Izekeil said.

"You can hang out with uncle. He is free." Athanasia said.

"Yeah! He and I can spy on Lilly and Felix."

Izekeil quickly left the room after saying that.

"Do you think they spied on us too?" Athanasia asked.

"Most likely." Lucas said

After that Lucas got ready and they both left for Ellie's Mansion.When they both arrived everyone was shocked to see that the princess came here. It was her 1st time to go on a party. A blonde haired girl with green eyes came towards them she was a few inches shorter than Athanasia.

"Hello Ellie." Athanasia said.

"Princess Athanasia you came!" Ellie said.

"Of course. Thanks for inviting me."

"Please don't thank me princess. I am very happy that you actually came."

They went to sit with some people. Athanasia didn't like how a lot of girls were looking at Lucas. Same with Lucas he didn't like how boys were looking at Athanasia. He pulled Athanasia closer to him. Everyone just looked at them. A lot of nobles believed that Lucas is going to marry Athanasia. Other's didn't wanted that to happen as their chances of being related with the royals will be gone. Suddenly Jennette got out of a carriage shocking everyone mostly Ellie. Ellie went towards her and said.

"I didn't invite you here. What are you doing here?"

"I came here instead my aunt since she is sick." Jennette said.

" Jennette said

'Liar. Your aunt is just fine. She even came today to ask us to let in the palace.' Athanasia thought.

"You didn't have to come at all. You can leave." Ellie said.

"I don't want to." She said and sat on a chair.

Ellie was very angry. Ellie disliked Jennette very much for her behavior at Athanasia's birthday banquet. Athanasia put a hand on her Ellie's shoulder.

"It's fine. If you do anything. It can be used against you. So calm down."

"You're right princess. Thank you."

Athanasia smiled at her.

"Athanasia." Lucas said.

"Huh?"

"That girl. There's something wrong with her."

"What do you mean Lucas?"

"She is very weird. She looked scared when she saw me. She is also keeping a huge distance with me."

"Why would she be scared of you?"

"I have no idea. But I would like to find out."

"Ok. See you later."

Lucas than disappeared to find ou what's wrong with Jennette.

"Ellie let's continue the party."

"Yes princes- wait where did lord Lucas go?"

"He went to the bathroom."

"Won't he have any trouble finding it?"

You could see the genuine concern in her eyes. She wasn't lest bit interested in Lucas. She was just worried about him being lost.

"Don't worry he will just use magic to find it. Now let's continue talking."

"Ok."

5 minutes later

Jennette was looking scared. She quickly left. No one understood why. After a few minutes Lucas came back and sat next to Athanasia. They both started to whisper to each other.

"Did you find anything?" Athanasia asked Lucas.

"Yes. I did." Lucas said.

"So what did you find out?"

"Well it turns out that the stupid Aternetes is inside her body."

"What!?"

End of chapter 22
I hope you enjoyed it. If there is anything you don't like please tell me about it in the comments. And thank you so much for reading my book.