Chapter 1. First Blood

Osaka POV:

   "Are you sure about that Mr. Policeman puhuhu~" the bear said to me in a mocking town leaving me to stare him down with what I could feel..and tell was an involuntary face of anger as I stepped for, suddenly I felt a hand press against my chest...a my world went cold as I looked to see Mahiru, who had also seemed to have a shocked expression...this feeling was weird. "Calm down..." the Monobeasts...they had appeared the instant monokuma had made his entrance...she was right I needed to calm down. "Shit....shit!" I cursed under my breath before having my hand held by Mahiru  "Well, don't you think it's kinda lame and boring that you can't leave the island unless you all get along? So I'm changing the rules! If you want off this island, please kill one of your friends! And then, make it through the class trial without getting caught!"

"Class Trial?" Chiaki questioned leaving me to interrupt before monokuma could attempt to speak "it's basically like any normal trial right, Judge and Jury. But assuming there isn't a defendant we gotta figure out who killed who based on what evidence we find?" Monokuma turned read and bared his claws "Ok Smarty pants, ya basically summarized it, not like I asked but whatever! As I was saying If one of you gets murdered... The surviving members must participate in the class trial! At the class trial, there will be a showdown between the blackened killer and the other spotless students. During the trial, you'll present your arguments about who you think the blackened is. The outcome will be decided by popular vote and if you arrive at the correct answer...Only the blackened killer will be punished. The rest may continue their school trip. However...if you choose poorly... Then the one who got away with murder will survive, and the rest of you will receive your punishment. As far as the class trial rules go...that's all there is to it!"

"'That's basically what the cop said." Fuyuhiko said clearly mocking both me and Monokuma. But monokuma seemed to ignore his comment "Which means, if you kill someone and make it through the class trial, you get to live and leave this island. However, if you are found guilty during the class trial, then you will be punished. Puhuhu, it's a familiar but simple rule right?" Kazuichi followed up "You... keep repeating that word "punish" over and over. What's the deal with that?" He questioned, Hiyoko seemed to cling to my side, not because she was scared, I could tell quite easily but why was confusing. My attention shifted to monokuma's next words "Basically... it's an execution!"

"E-Execution!?" Sonia repeated, my throat went dry thinking about it "The pleasing punishment that follows the class trial! This is one of the perks of the killing school trip

"E-Execution!?" Sonia repeated, my throat went dry thinking about it "The pleasing punishment that follows the class trial! This is one of the perks of the killing school trip. Puhuhu, what sort of spine-tingling punishments will we see? I can't help it, I'm already getting excited! There may even be some unique punishments, like impaling you through the head with a Thingamajig Claw! Ahem, any method is fine. Popular ones like bludgeoning, stabbing, strangling, and poisoning... To shooting, beating, running over, burning, bombing, slashing, drowning, electrocution, crushing, cursing... Please, choose whichever killing method you prefer. No time limit, so you can kill as you please... It's an All-You-Can-Murder Buffet... A theme park of murder... That is what this "Killing School Trip" is all about"