Chapter 01: Normal

(Sojin's P.O.V)

"Minah, wait up!"

Minah and I were rushing to school because we barely had any time before class starts. Even though I knew we could be late, I couldn't keep up with her. She's too fast!

"But unnieeeeeee, we'll be late!"

I sighed. "Ugh, fine! But still, wait for me!"

I tried to pick up my pace, and I ran after Minah.

When we arrived outside the classroom, I was out of breath. "Let's not be late again!" I exclaimed. Minah nodded. "Yep. Who knew you were too slow?"

I couldn't help but laugh. "Okay, let's go to class, now."

We both entered the class and sat down in our seats.

Minah looked like she could fall asleep any second in math class, but she tried to stay awake and took her notes. I was attentive in every class because I want a good future, and I just need to pass all my classes to start.

Minah says that singing, dancing, and acting are more important to her. They're her strong spots. She's really good with art.

So, I guess she'll be a singer or actress.

Maybe I'll find my strong point sometime. I hope it's soon. Or at least in college...

I kept scribbling my notes into my notebook. My small, neat handwriting filled the page slowly as the teacher kept lecturing on.

I glanced at Minah's paper to make sure she was taking notes. She was just staring at the board. Daydreaming again.

"Minah!" I whispered quietly.

"Oh! What? Ohhhh..."

"Take more notes."

Minah grabbed her pencil and slowly took her notes. I sighed. This happens a lot. Good thing I'm her friend, or she'd be failing math class!

Finally. After class, we headed to our next one. Just a normal school day. Nothing too exciting.

(Minah's P.O.V)

Math class was super boring. I needed to keep up with the notes while the teacher kept talking nonstop. But I need to get A's somehow! The great thing I have Sojin unnie!

I was a bit bored during break. I waved to some of my admirers who were cooing over me as I walked down the hall to my locker.

We have a pretty packed school. I have some friends, but a lot more admirers; it's crazy!

My friends are Sojin, Baekhyun, Hyeri, and Sehun (even though we don't talk so often but still). I hope I make more friends in the future.

I've fallen in love many times. But they don't last so long. People ask me out often, but I pick whom I can date. But I haven't fallen in love recently, so I guess that's good? But I hope one day I can find someone permanent.

Meanwhile Sojin never really likes anyone. I kind of think it's a little funny because she has almost everyone to choose from. But no picks yet. I hope she finds her love sometime!

I like to sing, dance, and act. Sojin says I might be an actor or singer. Idol? Maybe...

I mean, art is fun! And I don't see why it can't be useful!

After I placed my books in my locker, I shut the door, to find Baekhyun leaning next to me. I was a little startled. "Hey, Minah!"

"Um... hi Baekhyun!"

"I was wondering if we could meet up after school."

"Um, I'm going to be busy, Mianhae."

Baekhyun's expression dropped. "Oh. What about tomorrow?" he asked, still eager. I nodded. "Sure! What for?"

He shrugged. "You'll see."

"Aishhh, fine. It better be good!"

"Right. Okay, well, see you in Science."

He turned around and went to meet up with his friends. Well, that was weird...

I shook my head and went over to the next hallway.

After I sat down next to Sojin and Hyeri. Sojin asked, "What was that troublemaker doing?"

"What? Who?"

Hyeri sighed dreamily. "The hottie, Baekhyun, you mean?" Sojin rolled her eyes. "First, that guy is not hot. And I meant him. What did he say to you?" she asked me. I played with my noodles with my chopsticks. "All he said was to meet him after school tomorrow."

"Why?" Hyeri asked curiously. "Did he ask you out?"

I looked at her with an alarmed expression. "No! He didn't even say why."

"Meh, okay. But be careful, Minah," Sojin said. "Don't worry he won't do anything to me," I assured her.

Let's hope not.

(Jimin's P.O.V)

I sighed in relief as I glanced at the clock. Just five minutes until I get out of history class.

I was staring at the teacher just walking around the class while he was talking about the lesson. Yet it felt like everything I heard flew out of my other ear. I wasn't really paying attention. Who needs history right now? It's not like I'll be a historian or whatever.

I tapped my pencil on the desk as I stared at the homework that the teacher just handed out. I skimmed through it and glanced at the clock again.

Two minutes left.

I jammed my homework into my folder and stuffed it into my backpack. I watched the clock on the wall tick; just waiting for class to get out.

RRRRRRRRING!

I jumped out of my seat and rushed out of class.

I opened my locker and put my books inside. I shut it and waited for Jungkook to come over.

A few lockers away, I saw a girl that I think was in my science class. I wasn't sure who it was because I never see their face, but I saw that Baekhyun was talking to her. And he usually isn't any good. Baekhyun had a mysterious smirk on his face.

I was just about to step closer to hear what he was saying to her when I heard someone call my name.

"Jimin-hyung!"

Jungkook finally found me. He grinned at me, and I returned it. "Hey, Kook. What are we doing in science?"

"Nothing that interesting, sadly."

"Aww, I like science."

Jungkook shrugged. "Well, I have Math next."

"Well, have fun," I joked.

"So, were you staring at some girl?" Jungkook asked. "Huh? No." Jungkook smirked. "Yeah, okay."

We talked for a bit until we heard the next bell ring. "Well, catch you later, hyung!" I waved. "Bye, Kook!" I walked to science class. Could this day get any more boring?