Chapter 02: Accident

(Minah's P.O.V)

After school, I walked with Sojin and Hyeri. They were jabbering as always. I think they were talking about their homework?

Sojin nudged me. "Hey, did you hear that we'll be doing a science project soon?"

"What? Really?"

She nodded. "Yeah... I don't think you heard. I think you were writing in your notebook. But she did tell us. She said it would be a partner project. I hope she puts us together!" I shrugged. "I hope so."

"I hope I get paired with Sehun. He's like, the only one I know in that class anyways," Hyeri said. Sojin shrugged. "As long as you finish the project with a good score; that's what matters."

"Yeah, that too..."

Once I finally reached my home, I said goodbye to my friends, and I went inside.

I sat down on the couch and did some of my homework. Once I was done with most of it, my mom finally came home.

"Hey, Minah,' my mother said. "Hello, eomma. How was work?"

Mother shrugged. "Well, it was really tiring. Appa will come soon, and he'll probably be tired as well. I'll be upstairs if you need me," she said.

I nodded, and she pecked my forehead, then went upstairs.

It was 7:35. I decided I should make dinner. I went to the cabinet, and I just made ramen because I felt a bit lazy.

I brought my book to the table and finished my homework there.

Ah, finally done! I grinned, and I put my stuff in my backpack.

I took a shower, and then I went on my phone to listen to music.

While I was drying my hair, I got a notification from one of my friends.

Sojin: Heyyyy Minah!!

Minah: Hi?

Sojin: Do you know this guy?

Sojin sent a picture of a boy I have seen in our school a few times. He's also in my history class. We don't really talk. But he was pretty good-looking. Not my type, though.

Kim Taehyung.

Minah: Yes

Sojin: I met him today!!

Minah: Oh cool

Sojin: He's really nice to me. He's kinda cute

Minah: Well, this is new for you to say this.

Sojin: So?

Minah: Never mind. How did you two meet?

Sojin: I accidentally bumped into him...

(Sojin's P.O.V)

I remember today I was walking from class, and then I suddenly bumped into someone. I accidentally dropped most of my stuff, and I started it pick them up.

"Omo, Mianhae! Here, let me help..."

A guy dropped down and helped me pick up my stuff. Our hands just happened to touch when we both grabbed for my book at the same time. I froze.

I looked at him, and he just stared at me. I felt my cheeks grow warm. He smiled. He handed me my book and helped me up. "I'm Kim Taehyung, by the way..."

"Oh! Uh, Park Sojin. Nice to meet you," I replied, still stunned. He gave a small bow. "Sorry again-"

"No, no- it's fine!"

He smiled again. "Can I hang out with you later?" he asked. "H-huh?"

"Can I hang out with you later?" he repeated. "Um... s-sure, I guess!" I stuttered. He nodded. "Okay, see you later!" Taehyung gave a small wave and turned away.

I blinked a few times. I touched my cheeks, and I realized that they were hot. I tried not to smile.

He's kind of...

Cute.

"Hey, where were you?" my cousin Hyeri asked curiously. I grinned. "Ahh, nowhere," I said. Hyeri nodded and put her headphones back in her ears. She chilled to her music for a moment and glanced back at me.

After a second, she stared at me with wide eyes and yanked out her earbuds. "Wait!! I know that look!" she said with a smirk forming on her face.

"What do you mean?" I asked in bewilderment.

"It's that look."

"What's that look?!"

Hyeri's cheeks puffed up while she tried to contain her laughter. She then snorted and she was laughing very hard. "You like a boy!" she said.

"HUH? How did you- No, I don't!" I argued. Hyeri shook her head. "I can tell," she said. "You like someone. Tell me!"

I sighed. "No, I don't like anyone. And no, won't tell you."

"Hey, there you are, Sojin! I was looking for you!" I heard a familiar voice say. I jumped. Someone's boxy grin greeted me.

"T-Taehyung?"

Hyeri grinned. "Hehe- we were just talking about you- Sojin-"

I put a hand over her mouth. "What? We were just talking about homework, yeah..." I said. I gave Hyeri a what-the-heck look and let go of her.

Taehyung chuckled. "Speaking of which, I wanted to ask you if you'd like to come to my house and we could do homework?"

I grinned. "Yes! We can-"

"Alright, great!

Minah: Sheesh.

Sojin: I know, right?

Minah: Well, enjoy. I won't help this time.

Sojin: Whyyyyyyyyy?

Minah: Just kidding, unnie!! I'll help you a LITTLE

Sojin: Thanks, Minah-yaaaaaa!

Minah: Well, goodnight.

Sojin: Goodnight!

I switched off my phone, and I lay down in my bed. I sighed. What an eventful day...

I wonder if Taehyung is a crush. Maybe. Maybe not.

Something to decide.