𝟬𝟬𝟵. the good and the bad

STREETS -
act one chapter nine.

ALICIA WAS EXCITED. Not that she wasn't always excited to get into her Williams and drive away but she was excited to right her wrongs. And Zandvoort was looking to be the place she did so.

Somehow, Alicia was doing better than Alex - not that she ever doubted she could do so but many fans had. Alex, himself, had been bursting with excitement when she saw her initials above his on the board. (Even if it was just practice)

To Williams, practice was everything. Their drivers needed the most time with their cars and definitely needed to collect the most data to see how they could improve.

Qualifying was ready to get underway, and Alicia was already sat in her car. Staring in-front of her, the view of the filled orange grandstands. It almost gave her chills at the sight. Imagine having that many fans. Christ, the girl could only dream. A roar sounded from them, and she could only guess from further down the pit lane Max had gone to warm up his tires.

And Alicia soon followed.

In a stark contrast to last week, Alicia felt prepared. She'd spent the whole week in and out of the swimming pool - learning how to swim! And a lot and I mean a lot of training was do to put her mind at a focus.

Her tires were warm and she was ready.

"Final lap on Q1, and we're just waiting for Vettel to come round the-" Nadia spoke, after Alicia had put in her final lap hoping to second that spot in Q2. "Okay, never mind. Vettel has gone into the gravel."

There was a moment of silence as neither of them spoke, Alicia was setting out two different scenarios. She'd either been right at the bottom or provisional pole. The second one seemed highly unlikely, but a girl can dream.

It was almost possible to hear the smile in Nadia's voice when she'd voiced the result to Alicia: "That's you into Q2, Alicia. You ended the session in P12. And are through to Q2. Well done, Alicia."

The cameras focused on the Williams garage, the smiles on every employee. When on earth was the last time both Williams' had made it into Q2!

A camera zoomed into the team principal, who sat back in his chair with a look of disbelief. Zandvoort was never destined to be good for Williams. And here they were!

The weekend could only go up from here. Right?

Alicia stood with her visor up, moments before she was about to leave for Q2, Charlotte was stood beside her, sipping on her own drink. "I think you're going to get pole."

Alicia side-eyed her personal trainer, "One step at a step, Lottie."

The trainer held her hands up, "Hey! I'm just trying to be optimistic."

"I think all the crystals you placed on Nadia's desk tell me that." Alicia laughed, watching the engineer furrow her eyebrows as she tried to think of where they came from.

Charlotte rolled her eyes as she handed the driver he gloves, "I'll have you know, these crystals work miracles. I've wearing one as a necklace. Apparently, it's supposed to bring me love."