𝟬𝟭𝟬. who did this to you?

STREETS -
act one chapter ten.

TW: MENTIONS OF VIOLENCE AND ASSAULT.
Italics mean spanish speaking.

"ARE YOU ALRIGHT?" Alex asked. The two Williams drivers carpooling with each other on the morning of the race. Alex wouldn't tell Alicia, but he was most definitely worried. After having picked her up last night he didn't think she should race today and should most definitely not do any media today with shiner that was beside her eye.

"My head kills." Alicia muttered, squeezing her eyes shut behind her sunglasses as she rested her against the tinted windows. "And for once it's because I'm not hungover." She attempted to joke but Alex didn't laugh.

Alex was torn between two options. He was of course the only one who knew what had happened last night. Was he supposed to keep silent, as Alicia had asked him to? Or, was he to tell their team principal. Which would lose him some brownie points with the girl but ultimately he cared more about her health.

So, he had to ease the thought of her not racing back into her mind. Last night Alicia had been persistent in racing today. Something about it being 'character building' or to 'prove them wrong'. Whoever 'they' were.

"You don't have to race today."

"I do." She replied almost instantly, "I have to, Alex." Her tone softened as she didn't dare to look at him. "I have people to prove wrong-"

Alex snorted, "Don't we all." He turned in his seat to face her, "But, we can't all do it in our first two races."

"But I will." She spoke with a sense of determination as the crowds of photographers seemed to jump forward at the next car arriving. Alicia groaned, realizing their cameras were most likely to flash. "It's too early for this."

Alex chuckled as the car came to a stop, and opening the door for Alicia to get out first. "Off you pop."

"Off you pop." Mimicked Alicia as she stepped out the car, forcing a smile on her face.

In such a short amount of time Alex came to look after Alicia as if she was his own sister. Maybe that's why he couldn't bring himself to not tell Jost the truth.

TWITTER: