𝟬𝟬𝟯: when we were young

STREETS -
act two chapter three.

italics symbolize spanish speaking.

ALICIA HUGO HAD BEEN SUBJECT TO A LARGE AMOUNT OF SURPRISES LATELY. The first domino would, obviously, be being fired, and then being taken to Spain by her two best friends, and then her two best friends became 'best buds' with her dad whilst the girls (including Mandy) went out for cocktails.

Alicia had thought that to be the biggest surprise, but it was clear there was more in store for her.

Everyone was laughing in the Hugo household, Carmen and Mandy were laughing at George in the kitchen, Alex and Lily giggling while they took pictures of Alicia's baby pictures that her father was happily showing them. Alicia didn't even have to be involved in the laughter to be happy.

If any, she had everyone in these four walls. She didn't need anything else.

But, there was always the voice in the back of her head that told her someone was missing. The someone who she had lost years of friendship with, the boy who had braided her hair before they'd set off on track, the boy who at a time had been her only friend.

A friend who had always been more than a friend to her. But, there was always the fear that held her back. That fear had never really mattered because Carlos and Alicia lost their friendship one day anyway, Alicia didn't have to fear the rejection but instead she raged over his inability to defend her over the crash he had caused.

Alicia would, probably, always blame Carlos for the crash. But, she'd always blame herself for her pettiness that led to the end of their friendship.

She wished she'd just talked with him, instead of storming off and refusing to speak to him. Alicia wished she'd just asked him why instead of never giving him the opportunity to talk.

Again, it wouldn't matter anymore. Alicia had missed out on talking again. She had quite the habit of that.

"Alicia! Can you get the door?" Mateo asked before he continued giggling with Alex like two school girls.

Alicia had been far too focused on the picture of her hung in the corridor to notice there had been a knock on the door. It had been at her favorite karting track, only because she always beat Carlos and would stand on the top step. He was stood right beside her, smiling despite her victory.

Subconsciously, she let a frown fall on her face. Life had been much easier those days. Alicia's biggest weekend issues would be how could she make her kart faster or if she'd ever actually make it to formula one, or if Carlos would ever work up the courage to kiss her! But, now, Alicia didn't have a car to worry about, she didn't even have a career to worry about.

And she'd spend her weekends declining comments to gossip magazines or being a guest on the news.

Wasn't life much easier when we were young? She supposed, finally stepping away from the picture and towards the front door.

She opened it immediately, thinking it would just be a package that Mandy had ordered or a dog toy Alicia had forgotten she'd bought. But, the package came in the form of a Carlos Sainz.

Which, she was sure Waffle would enjoy barking at but couldn't exactly tear apart.

"Who is it?" The corners of Carlos' lips tugged upwards at the sound of Mateo's voice. He had begun to open his mouth but Alicia beat him to an answer.