SEVEN―Shadowed Threads.

(𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗢𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹𝘀; 1x7)

..••°°°°••..

Emery was a curious individual. A seeker of knowledge. It was why she spent her millenniums inhaling as much from everything as possible, questioning even the most simplistic of concepts in hopes of gaining new perspectives. It was why she tended to cast judgement off and remain as much of an unbiased party. She didn't like getting emotions involved because complications would always occur (unfortunately, that couldn't always be the case).

Knowledge and information came in handy for a number of reasons and could be ultimately used as a powerful bargaining chip. Having one over others worked better. Once upon a time, her work depended on it. But that didn't mean it wasn't useful in other aspects of life.

Which was why when Hayley began rambling on about her time in Mystic Falls, (while Emery remained entirely bored, she did listen, throwing in a few of her opinions from an outsider's perspective) then moving onto the audacity of a certain suit-clad Original Emery's thoughts strayed to a particular brash part Hayley flitted over about Klaus' blood being capable of creating vampire-wolf hybrids.

"Just left us here with his stupid brother. After his whole 'I give you my word'," Emery snorted as Hayley adopted a deep voice, trying to mimic Elijah, albeit poorly. "All vampires are the same promise-breaking backstabbing liars―"

"Don't discriminate, Marshall. Everyone lies." Emery hums, "Be it for themselves or someone else. You can't trust anyone."

"You're a ray of sunshine," Hayley mutters. Her eyes follow the supposed human reach for a purple pill bottle and dry swallow two white pills. The wolf didn't ask, mostly because she knew she'd never receive a proper answer. When Emery wanted to open up, she would. Nobody was ever going to be able to force the stubborn raven-haired woman.

Emery fluttered her eyelashes and adorned her most perfect picture of innocence look, like she hadn't just taken some sort of potentially harmful drug and instead, ignored the wolf's words, biting back her snarky remark. "Backtracking for a moment, Hayley, what prompted you to drop by such a... drab town in the middle of Virginia?"

Said drab town in the middle of Virginia just so happened to be the birthplace of The Original Vampires, not that Emery ever cared for the creation of the species. Her problems a thousand years ago were far more dire and genuinely captivating.

Hayley huffed, "Oh, I didn't tell you about your baby daddy's obsession with creating a hybrid army. Like, seriously obsessed. And there was this doppelganger and her friends―"

Emery cradled her chin in her hands, elbows digging into the mattress and slowly rose a brow over the course of the wolf's retelling of the hybrids and her time in Mystic Falls. When Hayley was finished, a little seep of gold on Emery's end and the wolf yawned, suddenly tired and retreating into her room.