TEN―Inferno.

(𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗢𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹𝘀; 1x10)

..••°°°°••..

Emery cocked her head to the side, lips pressed together, as her eyes lingered on the swell of her stomach. It wasn't big enough that loose clothes couldn't hide it, but the body-fitting wedding dress Aithusa had found, snooping, and Saphira had encouraged in her honour Emery to try on— well, the sorceress had no way of denying it was there. Her fingers hesitated from touching it, as they always did. She tended to just ignore it and ignore the problems with her swelling feet and aching back that supposedly came with being pregnant.

"Would you like some help?" Klaus inquires, drawing Emery's eyes to the edge of the mirror where he reflected off. He leaned against the wall, seemingly having been staring at her for a short while.

"No." She replied instantly. She didn't bother with the zipper or buttons- that's what her magic was for.

"Just let me help you." He hums softly.

Emery ran her tongue over her teeth, hesitating, "Why not." She allowed, and Klaus strolled forward.

He brushed her long, curled raven locks over her shoulder, slowly zipping up the back of her dress, before doing up the buttons. Finally, he ran his hands over her figure, nodding in satisfaction.

"Pretty, don't you think?" She said once he was finished. Klaus opened his mouth, but Emery beat him to it with a grin. "Obviously, I look pretty. Nothing I can't pull off."

"Yes, very much so. Only..." He trailed off.

Emery sighed, "Yes, I know. Potential dangers-" She gestured to the window where decorations were being set up in the streets for the celebration. "Danger magnet." She gestured to herself. "Not a great combination."

"You know... if you wanted the attend the festivities tonight, I would be more than willing to take you." Niklaus offered.

"I think your time would be better spent making amends." Emery hums.

"And I think yours asleep. It's early, Emery." The hybrid glanced out the window where the crescent moon still shone brightly in the night sky.

Emery sighs, "I know- couldn't really sleep any longer."

Klaus purses his lips and nods. "Anything you'd like to eat?"

"No. I'm going to the bakery soon and waking Davina with breakfast."

"Giving a child sugar first thing. I suppose I'll have to play the role of the responsible parent." Niklaus muses.

"You wouldn't know responsible if it smacked you in the face." Emery gives him a look through the mirror as Niklaus huffs and rolls his eyes. It seems as though their breaths still as their gazes intertwine heatedly through the mirror.