NINE―Aligned Present.

(𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗢𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹𝘀; 1x9)

..••°°°°••..

Emery tiredly lugs herself up the mountain of stairs and follows the bond shared between herself and her dragons. It's late at night so Aithusa's already snuck out into the streets while Saphira's probably sprawled over the entire bed. Her hand grasps the bedroom door's handle but pauses as a throat clears and spins around to see Niklaus leaning against the wall.

"Perfectly acceptable room." Klaus prompts, nodding at the room Emery's standing in front of before kicking the door to another room open. Intrigued, Emery walks over to him, stopping by the room's threshold. "Of course, you could always go for this room— spectacular lighting at sunrise, a fireplace, record player, and an adjoining en-suite with a separate tub."

Emery surveys the room for a moment and then heads straight for the records, flickering through them. "And all for the measly price of selling my soul to a demon?"

Klaus chuckles, "No selling of souls I can assure you." He clears his throat and pauses, "You share it with me."

Emery doesn't pause her flickering, nor turns to face him. She hums for a short while. "Okay."

"Okay?" Niklaus echoed, a hint of disbelief in his tone.

"The tub sold me." She grins as she spins around, a record in hand. "Fair warning, I'm a kicker."

"Oh, I remember," Klaus mutters but he can't stop the wide smile stretching on his lips.

..••°°°°••..

"Where have you been?" Niklaus demands, waving two vampires whom he had sent to find the mother of his unborn child out of his way. They quickly sped to the side, not wanting to find themselves at the end of the Original hybrid's wrath.

Said hybrid has awoken to an unslept-in left side of the bed and though a little concerned, it was nothing new. Emery tended to stay awake the whole night in the Plantation, only finding a few hours during the afternoon or early morning. Speeding into the kitchen, Klaus had frowned then checked every room, finding Saphira on her back, legs all spread out in the middle of the bed, and odd flickers from the light above. Aithusa was nowhere to be seen, as per usual. Meanwhile, there was no sign of tea mugs in the entire Compound.

"I think I've found the love of my life." The supposed human says wistfully, twirling a piece of hair between her fingers. Klaus couldn't deny she looked more peaceful than she had in a while— like she was on some sort of high and it had him narrowing his eyes.

"That's nice." He drawls out, "Glad you're able to see how remarkable I am."

"You make a shoddy jester, Niklaus." She rolled her eyes, the corner of her lip twitching. "Forget you, the masseuse, I'm marrying her. Seriously, with hands like that―" The supposed human makes a noise from the back of her throat with a loopy smile.