16. Your Place

"CS has been kicking my ass." Jisoo whines, dropping her head onto the study table in front of her computer. 

"Relatable. I kind of don't even study anything other than Finance these days and I'm still struggling." Rosé comments. 

"You know what, this is fucking stupid! Let's hit Haein's club. It's a goddamn weekend and my brain is dead at this point. I can't fuck with this anymore." Lisa says, artlessly dropping her worksheets onto the ground. 

"Honestly, yeah! Let's do it. Whatcha say, Soo?" Rosé asks the eldest girl who only nods, almost dozing off on the table. 

"Yuck, we look horrible." Lisa remarks when she notices her face in the mirror. 

"College, honey." Rosé says, shrugging. 

########

"Oh, look. It's your hot professor." Jisoo slurs, downing another shot and hissing. 

Lisa's head immediately snaps up, searching the area for said woman. She's kind of light-headed from the alcohol swimming in her system, and the darkness of the club doesn't make her job any easier. Rosé snaps her fingers, then points in the direction of the woman. 

"Go get your girl. I'll be taking Jisoo home." the lilac-haired girl shouts in her ear, then looks at the named girl. "...Or be dancing with her." she says and Lisa chuckles mindlessly, watching the older girl swaying clumsily to the music. 

Rosé gives her a telling look, jerking her head to Jennie's direction and pats Lisa's arm. 

Lisa nods, squeezing between bodies to make her way over to the brunette. Jennie has that faraway look in her eyes that she did at the freshmen's party a month ago and Lisa studies her for a second, staying unnoticed. 

"Penny for your thoughts?" she finally speaks, Jennie's eyes quickly snapping to hers. 

"Make it one drink." Jennie says after a moment of registering the blonde's sudden presence in her space. 

"Fireball?" Lisa asks, looking into the glass Jennie is holding. 

Jennie nods, looking away at the crowd in the club. Lisa is about to call the bartender, but her professor lightly grabs her arm, making the former look at her.

"You're not actually going to buy me a drink, are you?" Jennie asks with an amused smirk.

Lisa shrugs and nods, making Jennie's smirk widen.
"You know I can't let you buy me a drink knowing you're underage."

"Got company?" A gruff voice asks, and it takes Lisa a second to realize the situation.

A nice-looking man with slicked back hair has two drinks in his otherwise veiny hands, as he throws Lisa a curious look before setting his gaze on Jennie, giving her a flirtatious smile. He raises a glass in his hand, prompting Jennie to take it, setting her unfinished drink on the counter awkwardly. Ah, so Jennie does have company. Lisa's stomach churns. There's a weird muddled feeling in her head as she clenches a fist over the counter and musters a sarcastic smile.

"Yeah, she does." Lisa says, staring the man down, snatching his drink from his hand and gulping it all down in a go. She grits her teeth at the burn, silently challenging the man to object.

"Who's this?" The man asks, running a hand frustratedly through his gelled hair, and leaning close to Jennie. Too close.

Jennie retracts a little, clearly not comfortable by their proximity, and looks unsurely between both Lisa and him. Lisa grabs her arm and pulls her to her side snugly, moving closer to the man.