18. Babe

"We're here." Lisa announces, gesturing with her hand for Jennie to park the car in the partly full parking area.

Jennie follows her direction, exiting the car alongside Lisa as the latter takes her backpack and the former's briefcase out from the backseat.

"Wow, this is heavy. Whatcha got in there?" Lisa asks, rounding the parking space, weighing the briefcase in her hand.

"Heels, two dresses, socks, and a pretty heavy coat. I hear this city's chilly towards the end of October." Jennie replies.

"That's right. Jisoo and I used to lend each other a glove of our own because one of us kept forgetting their gloves when the other didn't. This was back in high school and it used to be pretty cold here right at the start of Octobers even then." Lisa supplies, walking to the entrance of the hotel.

"Oh, you lived here before?" Jennie asks, surprised.

"Oh, yeah. Right. You didn't know about that, sorry. I've lived here since kindergarten. I'm basically friends with everyone in town." The blonde says, smiling brightly at the receptionist whose eyes light up at the sight of her. Jennie watches as the girl twirls a lock of hair around her finger, giggling girlishly at something Lisa says.

"I can see that." Jennie says as they enter the elevator.

"What?" Lisa asks confusedly.

"The receptionist likes you." Jennie utters, feeling the dizzying sway of the elevator as they travel up.

"Oh, geez. We had a thing back in the days. It's not—" Lisa watches how Jennie's expression slightly shifts, "I'm sorry." She says genuinely, scooting closer to Jennie, "I didn't mean to disregard you in any way. It's just that all the weekend getaways I had with Jisoo and my other high school friends were here, and it's just the best hotel around and I wanted us to have the best date we possibly can."

Jennie tilts her head, staring at her in mild surprise. Then she presses her arm against Lisa's, standing close by her side, as she sets her eyes on the elevator display with a pretty blush growing on her cheeks.
"Thank you." She says shyly.

Lisa grins.

#######

"Hey there, cutie." Lisa quips, wiggling her eyebrows as she rounds her arms around Jennie from behind.

Jennie rolls her eyes at the mirror, wriggling in her hold.
"You just love trapping me between your unrealistically long arms, don't you?"

"Rude! I just called you cute, Jennie. Is it so bad I expect a 'thank you', if not a compliment?" Lisa pouts, throwing the brunette puppy eyes in the mirror as her chin stays rested on the woman's shoulder.

Jennie can't help the grin on her face as she nudges Lisa, effectively loosening the blonde's hold on her as she turns in her arms. She loops an arm over Lisa's shoulder. Her other hand caresses up one of Lisa's arms, holding her gaze, their faces close.

"I think you look..." Jennie drawls, gliding a finger sensually up the blonde's arm, hearing the change of the pace of her breath.
"You're really..." She moves closer, whispering the words gently against Lisa's lips as the blonde's eyes darken considerably.
"Really hungry." She finishes.

Lisa draws back, bewildered, "What?"

"I'm starving." Jennie says with a smirk, laying her palm flatly against Lisa's chest and pushing the perplexed blonde back.

Lisa's face brightens up in realization and she laughs.
"Tease." She says, hearing Jennie's delighted giggle.

######

Lisa's heart warms in her chest, watching a certain brunette enjoy her ice-cream. She's starting to realize she has a huge crush on this woman, and it makes her giddy and happy. The sun hits Jennie's features just at the right angle, highlighting her honey skin and pink lips perfectly, the brunette's eyes and hair shining under the light.

Lisa reaches out slowly, brushing her hand against Jennie's before tangling their fingers. Jennie looks up, surprised, searching Lisa's face, and the blonde smiles, gently squeezing the brunette's hand. A shy smile slowly grows on Jennie's lips and she looks down at her ice-cream cone again, cheeks reddening.

When they've finished their ice-cream, Lisa draws Jennie in, attaching their mouths in a cold and sweet kiss. Jennie only hesitates for a second, seemingly remembering no one knows their college relationship here, and tangles her fingers in blonde locks, tilting her head to deepen their kiss. They breathe into each other's mouths, hands gliding affectionately over fabric. The brunette hums into the kiss, caressing Lisa's jaw and feeling her appreciative smile against her own lips.

A series of loud quacks forces them to separate and Jennie's protest dies in her throat as she watches a grin play on Lisa's lips. She follows the blonde's gaze, finding ducks swimming in a little pond beyond the fences of the park they're currently standing outside of.

"Race you to the pond, babe." Lisa says before taking off, fiddling with the plastic bag of the bread in her hoodie's pocket.

Jennie's heart stutters.

Babe.

She likes it.

a/n: more fluff. Also I love Taylor's new album